chapter 7 - niki

(A/N: hey guys! sorry this chapter took so long, been dealing with some severe writer's block the past few weeks, but i'm back! i appreciate all of the love for night 7 recently, last i checked we hit 3k reads, 165 votes, and 211 comments which is fucking unbelievable! thank you guys for reading my first fic back! i really love all of your comments and stuff, even if i don't reply, so keep commenting! without further ado...)

edited 04/09/2021

CONTENT WARNING: implied death/murder

Y/N turned and slammed the right door button, watching their power usage bar go up to maximum.

"Shit, this is draining our power!" Fundy shouted. Y/N and Fundy prepared their tasers. There was nothing they could do but wait.

3%...

2%...

1%...

0%.

The lights went out and the doors retracted.

/////

Y/N and Fundy stood impossibly still in the middle of the dark office, afraid to breathe. The pizzeria was silent for a moment, and Y/N's ears rung without the buzzing of the fan on the desk. The silence was short-lived. 

Heavy footsteps began to echo from the tiled hallway to their left. 

Sapnap? But these footsteps seem... wrong. After spending hours obsessively watching the black-haired animatronic, Fundy could recognize his footsteps in an instant. All of the animatronics walked differently, he noticed. Maybe it was because of their different weights and sizes. Or maybe... it was something else. Something more human. That thought didn't seem as far-fetched anymore. 

Both night guards slowly turned their heads to see what would appear in the doorway, illuminated by a single dim desk light that was probably battery-powered. Maybe he just wanted to check the storage closet? 

That thought disappeared immediately as a large silhouette cast a shadow over the already dark hallway. Y/N still couldn't make out who it was. 

"Row... your boat...

...down... 

Merrily... merrily..."

The animatronic sang, but Y/N could barely make out any of its garbled words. All of the animatronics had a bunch of nursery rhymes programmed into them so the kids could sing along. In the middle of the night, however, nursery rhymes seem much more sinister.

"Life is but a dream."

The last line of the song was clear as day, and Y/N and Fundy could finally make out the animatronic's voice. 

The features of Dream's mask-like face emitted red light the moment he stopped singing. Y/N remembered when they first saw George's eyes glowing red in the restaurant's kitchen.

"Fundy, run." 

Dream followed.

/////

Fundy thanked any higher being that could exist that he had memorized every inch of this restaurant as he sprinted through the dark halls gripping his flashlight and Y/N's hand like their life depended on it. In this case, it did. 

How the fuck were they going to get out of this? Fundy's mind raced. Dream could only move so fast, but he was starting to get tired, and he was sure Y/N was as well. There were a few doors that didn't require power to close: the back room, the bathrooms, the supply closet, and the main entrance. The main entrance door was already locked, and Fundy didn't want to think of what would happen if they stopped, even for a moment, to unlock it. The bathrooms seemed to be their best bet, with multiple sets of doors that they could shut in Dream's way.