chapter 6 - night 3

(A/N: I included the map I've been using to place things so far in this fic above, for your viewing pleasure. I've been using the camera numbers and placements from the original game. Hope you've been enjoying so far!)

edited 04/09/2021

The lights in the pizzeria flashed on and off as Y/N and Fundy sprinted through the halls of the pizzeria. Behind them, George and Bad ran impossibly fast, gaining on them by the second as their animatronic feet pounded footprints into the tile floor.

"Shit, shit, shit! Get in here Y/N!" Fundy shouted as he made it to the security office, grabbing Y/N by the arm and pulling them in before slamming both doors in the security office shut.

"Fuck! When did they get so fast?" 

"I don't fucking know!"

Banging came from the door behind Fundy and both of the night guards turned and froze, holding their breath. They weren't safe yet. The thick metal of the door began to cave in as if it was paper-thin. The banging continued.

Y/N glanced at Fundy, speechless, but their head split with vertigo. Fundy seemed to pull further and further away and closer and closer to the collapsing door. 

Before Y/N could even think to move, the metal of the door caved in, leaving Dream's grinning plastic face visible through the gap. He seemed so much more alive, almost as if he was breathing under his mask. His white plastic hand drove through the door and gripped Fundy's shoulder. His other hand grabbed him by the chest and pulled him towards the door.

"Y/N, help me!"

Y/N reached for their taser as their vision began to blur. Their hand passed through air instead of slamming on the security desk.

"How the fuck did it get so far away? That desk was only a foot away a second ago?"

"Y/N, please!"

Y/N's eyes felt like they were spinning in their sockets as their body froze in place. All they could see was the terror in Fundy's eyes as Dream pulled him through the collapsed door. The banging of the door behind them began ringing through their ears and they collapsed, their chest and temples pounding in time. Fundy was screaming.

Their vision went black.

/////

"Y/N? What's wrong? Y/N!"

Y/N sat up sharply, feeling hands on their shoulders stabilizing them. They closed their eyes tightly and allowed them to adjust to the light for a moment before wiping the sweat from their face.

"It's Fundy, he- he..."

"What'd I do?"

Y/N blinked rapidly and allowed themself to take in their surroundings. They were still in Fundy's bed, in his bedroom, in his apartment. Fundy was leaning over them on their side of the bed, which was still separated from his by pillows. Y/N could see his computer on in the next room over, where it appeared he had been sitting. Their eyes focused enough for them to read the small letters on the clock. It was almost 9 p.m. and they were safe. For now.

"Y/N, are you okay? What happened? I heard you scream from the other room and I was worried about you."

Y/N held their head in their hands, feeling the sheets cling to their sweat-soaked body. 

"How long have I been asleep?"

"I think almost thirteen hours. I was getting worried about you."

"Sorry, I got sweat all over your bedsheets. I had a nightmare." Fundy gave Y/N a sympathetic smile as he tentatively rubbed their shoulder.

"It's okay, I don't even-" he paused for a second and Y/N could see him thinking, "It's no problem."