"Watch your language, or else you won't see what's coming to you," he threatened Drake.

"Michael, please stop it-"

"Will you let her go or I'll make you?"

"No, no I won't l-et go of her. Be-cause she's mi-ne," I clearly heard Michael scoffed at him.

"Now that's your delusional, drunk ass talking," my eyes widened by his sudden use of profanities. "Now let her go," he reiterated.

"Or else what?" he dared him and stepped closer to his face. I just hoped that Drake would forget this ever happened and won't recognize his face. I'm afraid of Michael's safety.

Michael backed up and spoke without taking his eyes off of Drake. "Take him," In just a second, Drake is being dragged by two of Michael's bodyguards and tried to wiggle his way out of their strong hold.

"We're not over Mia! Remember that!"

"Don't let her come near Mia again." He instructed his two bodyguards. I silently thank the heavens for Michael saving me or I don't know what will happen to me if he wasn't here.

I closed the door and sighed deeply with my back turned against him, trying to catch every breath that I can. Tears threaten to fall but I try to hold them back. It only happened once, and I never thought he'd do it again because he promise me that he'll change, yet he didn't.

A pair of arms wrapped around me and that's when I lost it. The tears started flowing and I broke down on the floor. Michael never let me go and sat on the floor as well as I pour the aguish and pain out of me.

"Shhh, Mia. Everything is going to be fine. I'm here," He hushed. I slowly started to calm down and managed to get myself together.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that," I apologized.

"No man should ever lay hands on a woman. Don't apologize for something that is not your fault," He told me as he looked directly into my eyes.

"I'm going to stay here whether you like it or not. I'm not going to leave you here alone. I know he's already taken care of but I'll stay here just to be sure,"

"Michael, it's okay. I can handle it-"

"Will you quit being stubborn this time, Mia?" he sighed deeply. "Please?"

"Okay, fine. But I don't have a spare room," I quickly stand and sprinted towards my room.

"I'll just fix up my bedroom, you can sleep there. I'll just sleep on the sofa," then he stopped me and grabbed my hand. I stopped and looked at our interlocking hands to his eyes.

"I can sleep on the sofa. You take the bed,"

"But you're my guest, I can't just simply let you sleep on the sofa," he glared at me as if he's trying to tell me to stop fighting. I just sighed and gave up because I know he'll never put down a fight.

"Alright. Let me just grab some pillows and blankets." I entered my bedroom and opened the closet. I grabbed a few pillows and a blanket for him to use.What have I gotten myself into? This relationship should only be professional. He should've not witnessed that but he did. Damn you, Drake. Two years is already enough suffering for me but still you showed your lying and cheating ass at my door? How dare you.

I wiped the remaining tears on my face and put on the fakest smile I can possibly give. I returned to the living room but he's nowhere to be found. I felt my heart sank because I thought he already left. Then I heard a glass clink in the kitchen, only to find Michael drinking a glass of water.