Return to the Manor

Start from the beginning

"What do you think, my lady? Is Eri part of our Heritage?" Tiny asks while seeing a fox coming to lick Eri's hand.

"Difficult to say for certain, but our powers and the protection of the foxes as we're seeing right now is somewhat proof that she has ties to us. The definitive connections that they are I cannot say exactly though. Only time will tell."

The family begins to hear rustling outside for them to walk over by the door. When they open it, they are met with basically every fox that is in service to the Inari house to surprise everyone. "Uhh. Can someone explain to me why there's like a thousand foxes her-" Izuku asks when he notices the special forces that took down Stain on a knee as if they were paying homage.

When Eri saw the foxes, she began to tilt her head to the side for every fox to do the same. She had then tilted her head to the other side for it to be mimicked again. "It seems she is a member of our house without any doubt."

Tousa's comment is said as Eri wiggles her ears and gains the same reaction by the foxes. Thinking this is a game, Eri asks for a command. "Speak!"

"Arf!" The loud barking echoed through the mountain to make several birds fly away.

Ochako and Izuku stood there amazed with the latter asking a question.

"Should I be mentally prepared for this when our daughter is born?"

"...I don't even know what to tell you. To be honest, this is a first for me."

"It's somewhat the same for me as well." The teens looked at the adults who were just as surprised.

Later that evening

After the ordeals with the foxes and the strange event of them basically obeying everything Eri said for them to do, the family began getting situated and enjoyed their time together. Since Tousa wanted to spend time with Eri, her and the girls had taken a bath together. This left Izuku spending some time in the monstrous spring with his father in-law and Tiny.

"So, how would you describe your first experience with fatherhood?" Maruki asks, offering Izuku a glass of scotch.

"I'm terrified."

"That's normal. I'm surprised you haven't asked about the scotch yet."

"I just thought you preferred it. Why do you like it?"

"It reminds me of how I met Tousa. My parents were born in japan but moved to the UK and met there. I grew up in northern Scotland with my father and he introduced me to the stuff. It reminds me of my folks back home. Figured I'd introduce it to my son in law since you're family now too." Maruki explains offering some to Tiny as well.

"I can understand that. You and All Might are the closest people I've had to a father all my life." Izuku responds by offering a toast to his father in law.

"Well, I myself am a father as well though before you or some other folks get some weird ideas. I can become normal fox sized but I prefer to be like this when talking with humans. I don't like being looked down upon, both figuratively and literally." Tiny explains.

"You know we'd never look at you differently Tiny. You're like a member of our family."

"But how did you meet your wife? If you lived in Scotland, that doesn't exactly make sense."

"I was over here one year during my dissertation work to visit some of my father's relatives. It's been a while since I was around the city, so I took a nice little stroll down the streets one night. Eventually, I found Dagobah beach and some assholes were pissing on the torii gate and stealing the offerings from it. It ticked me off that they'd do that, so I whooped their drunken asses...actually, they more beat the crap out of each other thinking the other was me, they were that drunk. I only had to throw one punch." He says holding up his index finger. "In the act, one of the fox statues were broken. Since it was kinda my fault that the statue broke, I made a new one. Took me all night doing it, but I was able to finish it and replace what the jerks stole from the offering shrine. The next morning, Tousa found me by the gate with a bucket and sponge getting the scent of piss out to not anger the god it belonged to. I don't think I need to explain what happened after with six months later Ochako was born."

"Wow. That's uh...that's kinda word for word almost what I decided to do to help the shrine."

"Great minds think alike and pure hearts will always prosper."

"You know it Tiny." The older man said while finishing his drink. "Alright. I think I should get out. I spend too much time in here and I'm woken up the next morning by foxes hopping on my chest."

"I think I should as well. My fur is becoming too heavy for me to be comfortable with." Tiny begins getting out as well.

"I'll stay a little longer. If Ochako needs me before I'm out, could you tell her where I am?"

"Not a problem. Just don't stay in too long, you really will fall asleep and get tackled by foxes in the morning for it. I've done it many times." Maruki states this as him and Tiny walk back inside with towels on.

Now alone, Izuku began leaning his head back to look at the stars up above. "This view is unbelievable. If I was Ochako growing up, I'd probably sit out here and watch this scene for hours on end." Hearing the sound of paws beside him, Izuku looked over to see a white fox with red accents sit beside him. "Hello my little friend. Would you like to join me?"

"That sounds rather lovely." The fox spoke for a bit of silence to happen between the two.

"Hehehe. Another fox with a qui-"

"I am nothing like my loyal subject Tiny. At least, not fully." The small fox began growing eight more tails to have nine in total and transforming into a woman with snow white hair possessing the tails and fox ears from the fox.

"GAHHH!!!" Izuku screams before sinking to his nose in the water and covering himself

"Oh please. I've seen what you and Ochako have done through my subjects' eyes. There is nothing on your body that I have not seen already."

"WHO ARE YOU!?"

"Will you shut up before you attract the attention of others! I will explain everything right now, ok?" The fox woman said while Izuku tried to look away.

"C-can you at least put something over yourself or hide your body in the bath please? I can't look at you when you're..."

"Why should I bother with that? This is the appearance of your wife down to the most minute detail." Izuku merely looked away sheepishly. The fox woman rolled her eyes before entering the bath. When her important parts were covered, she spoke up. "There. Satisfied?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. Now who are you exactly and what are you doing here?" Izuku turned to not be fully capable of looking the fox woman in the face with a calm expression, but could look and not feel like he's cheating on Ochako.

"I am the goddess of fertility. You know me more commonly as the fox goddess Inari." Izuku went wide eyed hearing this. "As to why I am here. I am here to discuss Eri with you and how she is one of my children."

"So she was born under one of your houses then? We somewhat figured that."

Izuku was hit in the gut by a tail before being corrected. "No, she is my biological daughter."

A silence was between the two with only one thing coming to Izuku's mind. "Wait. You're a deity. How is that even possible?"

"It is a difficult thing to explain, but I shall elaborate right now for you next head of the Inari house."

And that finishes this chapter. Izuku has come to the realization now that there's more to Eri than they originally thought. See how Eri and Inari's past come into play next time. Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading.