Chapter 6: Cooperation

Start from the beginning

Jiang Cheng glanced at the Chief Cultivator, his dark eyes as stormy as ever. He looked at Wei WuXian, not wanting to leave him to be the center of attention like some sort of exotic animal. Wei WuXian gave his younger brother a small smile and firm nod, "It was a long journey, shidi, sit down won't you?"

Jiang Cheng smirked a bit at the purposeful use of 'shidi,'. It, once again, reaffirmed their relationship. Though reluctant, he moved to the empty seat beside Nie Huaisang, directly across from Lan Xichen, and sat down gracefully. Wei WuXian was now the center of attention just like those years ago, the same eyes on him, judging him, watching him, ready to pull out their swords from their scabbards and send them to be colored in blood that could only belong to him. Just thinking about the similarity made him chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Jin ZiXun demanded, face dark.

"The way you're all so terrified," Wei WuXian gave a lazy smile.

"You think being cautious of a demon is funny?" Sect Leader Yao hissed.

Wei WuXian's smile broadened, eyes shrinking into the shapes of crescent moons. He looked at the man in brown robes, "Hilarious,"

"Young Master Wei," Jin Guangyao changed the subject, his smooth and gentle tone causing Wei WuXian to look at him with proper intention. He, honestly, didn't think too bad of the third young master of the Jin Sect. His talents were nothing short of being overlooked, despite Jin Guangyao's weak cultivation. Plus, from someone who knows how remarks of your birth status can hurt, he felt some sort of understanding with the man, whose Mother was a prostitute, "You are here to help us find Hanguang Jun,"

"Well, finding him is something you all can do. I'm here to speed up the process and save him," Wei WuXian corrected politely.

"How do you plan on saving him, exactly?" Nie MingJue questioned.

"By extracting the resentment," Wei WuXian spoke as if it were an obvious thing.

"Extracting resentment?" Su She raised an eyebrow, "How does that even work?"

Wei WuXian sighed tiredly and looked over at Jiang Cheng, "Give me my sword,"

"Why?" Jiang Cheng asked, but stood up and pulled out the old weapon.

"I'll show you what I mean," Wei WuXian announced, catching the sword and unsheathing it.

He tossed the sheathe back to Jiang Cheng and pointed the sword forward. The sight was almost startling. It had been so long since anyone had seen Wei WuXian wield his sword, a sword that had been praised to be used by the infamous swordsmanship skills of the former head disciple. But of course, Wei WuXian walked the heretical path, arrogance with every step and left behind a perfect life.

Unaware of the thoughts others were having, Wei WuXian raised his left hand and pulled forth some resentment energy, the charcoal wisps answering the call of their master. Wei WuXian saw most of the Sect Leader's move to grip the hilt of their swords in alarm and resisted the urge to snort, instead, opting to just shake his head amused. His silver eyes crackled, turning blood red and Wei WuXian took his left hand directly over Suibian's blade.

The resentment energy flew into the blade, until it was completely gone from sight, Wei WuXian's hand rid of the tendrils. Wei WuXian's eyes returned to silver and he held his sword with two hands, talking while glancing around, "Let's say...this sword represents Lan Zhan. Right now, there's resentment energy in it,"

"But that's a spiritual sword?" Jin Guangshan protested, "How could a powerful weapon succumb to resentment?"

Wei WuXian's grip tightened on the hilt and the part of the blade he was clenching, but not enough to draw blood. He ignored the question, pretending as if he hadn't even heard it, smiling warmly, "Who wants to help me for a few seconds?"