Who Needs Words?

Gaga, wearing her Swarovski dress and crystal bobby pins in her pink hair accessorized with heart shaped crystal ear rings and her diamond collar necklace, stepped into the Parker home in her white Zanotti platform shoes and with a white ostrich feather coat draped over her arms. She was smiling and recognized several people immediately.

It didn't take long before she was approached and deep into conversation with Klaus Biesenbach, who she had been acquainted to since a few years back when he presented the Young Artist award to her at the National Art Awards gala dinner in New York. Their history included a journalist completely misquoting the MoMA curator on his blog, claiming that Klaus said she wasn't an artist, and naturally causing a stunned reaction from Gaga back then. The journalist later retracted his statement and whether it was him backtracking due to backlash or for any other reason like a misunderstanding, Klaus had written to the journalist that he indeed thought Gaga was an artist and that he even hoped to work with her one day.

The guests mingled, Gaga's glass was full when they went outside after the dinner to watch a drone show. The sky had a dark orange tone, that nearly shifted into brown with green accentuations when the show started. The purple lights on the drones shifted in intensity. Some turned pink, they moved in a cluster formation along they sky and changed to red, spread out and aligned along the horizon over the trees. Blinking and constantly moving in a programmed pattern, unaffected by the breeze. Everyone looked. Amazed at how they didn't crash into one another, seemingly keeping a pre-decided distance, although sometimes increasing and decreasing to form different shapes.

Gaga decided to take a break and walked over to a secluded area in the garden. Bo followed her. "Soo, are we OK?" she asked.

"Yeah, I just needed a moment to clear my head. I like spending time with a lot of these people, but it's just... a lot," she said and lit a cigarette. She took a long drag and stood like that with her champagne glass in one hand and the cigarette in the other when she felt someone looking at her. She raised her head and saw a guy standing by the patio and looking directly at her. He smiled and held up his own glass. He pointed at it and raised his eyebrows. Even from this distance she could see his dark lashes slowly touching his cheeks when he blinked. His eyes looked dark brown in the dim light, but when the light from the garden lamps reflected they seemed to shine. His eyebrows were thick and his hair looked dark brown with gray streaks. It was cut short, mainly on the sides, and she could see the wilder, wavy hairs on his head starting to look untamed.

The dark shade on his chin told her he was hairy, and probably had chest hair up to the pit between his collar bones and down across his belly button, muscular, hard and hairy thighs, calves and arms. Somehow it made her tingle. God, she was really starving, but there was really something about that salt and pepper hair. And why did she recognize him?

He wore loose fitted gray pants, black sneakers with white soles and a dark polo shirt. A lot less extra than most people at this party. He repeated the gesture with his finger against the glass and she finally realized that her own glass was empty and he probably wondered if she wanted him to get her another one. She raised her hand to her forehead and made a gesture as if she was a little slow, smiled and nodded. He smiled back and disappeared into the crowd by the bar.

Gaga turned to Bo. "I made contact," she said and put her glass down on a nearby table.

"I saw. Communicating without words already." She winked at Gaga and took the cigarette out of her hand. Took one drag and handed it back. "But you know him of course."

"Do I?" Gaga looked at Bo with her eyebrows raised.

"Stef, seriously? You met him before." Bo crossed her arms in front of her. "Via Sean Parker and someone else you know very well and even work with."

Gaga opened and closed her mouth like a fish. "Why don't I remember that? Did something happen?" She squinted at Bo who started backing away.

"It was an important day for you. I don't blame you for not remembering everyone you met that day," Bo said with her arms out. "I need to go to the bathroom. Don't disappear." She left Gaga alone and she watched her back as she walked away. An annoyed wrinkle appeared on her forehead and she was starting to feel the warm buzz of the alcohol. It made her a little slower but certainly more comfortable. "Sean Parker, La Vie En Rose... Could it be...?"