The Werewolf In The Closet..1

Start from the beginning

     I smiled and went upstairs to my room. I took a quick shower, wrapped a towel around me, and went to find something to wear.

     I looked through my closet and chose a yellow ruffled shirt and gray jeans. When I went to look for my shoes, I only found one gray flat. I grunted, knowing where the other one was.

     I stomped to Pepsi's bed where he lay guarding it. "Pepsi, how many times have I told you not to steal my shoes?" I said. He whined, gave me my ballet flat and whined again. I smiled at him and ruffled his head. His tail starts wagging again. I couldn't be mad at him. I put on my flat, and grabbed my cell phone, texting Paige.

     [Hey, wanna hang with me and my family at the Park?]

     A little while later, she texts back: [Sure, I'll be over in a few minutes.]

     Paige kept her promise, and a few minutes later, I had a weird feeling that she was walking to our door-step this minute. I walked to the door, and there she was.

     "Hey!" She greeted me.

     "Hi!" I greeted her back.

     We were at the park now, which was a few blocks away from my home. Paige and I are sitting on the swings, talking and laughing, when I have a strange feeling of someone watching me. I turned my head to look in that direction and squinted my eyes, looking into the dark woods. I see the bright green eyes, looking at me, once again.

     "Ady?" Paige shook my shoulder.

     "Sorry, Paige. What did you say?"

     "Forget about what I said, are you alright? If you don't feel comfortable by the woods, we could move."

     See, this is why we are best friends. If we're talking, and one of us weren't listening because of something else, we don't go back into that conversation, we get curious and see what's wrong with each other, that's what best friends do.

     "I'm alright. It's just - do you see anything in the woods?" I pointed.

     "No, not really. Are you sure you're okay?" she asked.

     "Yeah, I'm good."

     She nodded, but I could tell she wasn't convinced.

     When the day was over, Paige got a call from her mom, saying she had to come home right away. So I let her go and said I'll see her tomorrow. I tucked Vinny into bed, and said goodnight to my parents.

     I went to my room and thought about something. I dragged Pepsi's bed into my room, since he's always in my room anyways. Pepsi could sleep with me tonight. I feel safer already. I changed into my pajamas, plugged in my little lamp, and crawled into bed with Pepsi by my side.

     I closed my eyes, but I wasn't tired at all. I tossed and turned, and I just couldn't go to sleep. Then, somewhere in the forest, there was a howl. I sat up, looking around.

     Wait, a howl? Like a wolf? I didn't know that there were wolves in Wisconsin. Pepsi started to growl.

     "Pepsi?"

     He kept growling. Then he howled too. "Shh!"

     He howled one more time and stopped. There was another howl, and it sounded like, 'Ady.'

     Like it just whispered my name.

     You know what? I'm going crazy. No wolf would howl my name. I rolled my eyes, and flopped back onto my pillow.

------------------------------

     The next day, I had to get ready for school, which I absolutely did not want to do. I just wanted to stay in bed all day and relax.