"Lourdes." He gave her a blank look, "Turn this shit off bruh," He sunk further in his seat as they drove through campus, trying to hide himself from the people that were giving the car strange looks. Seeing the captain of the basketball in a car with 'Pussy Talk' blaring wasn't exactly good for his image.

She ignored him and began rapping as she made a turn, "Boy this pussy talk English, Spanish, and French!" She yelled over his protests, "Shut up this is the best part," She shushed him as Doja Cat's part came on, "Pussy talented, it do cartwheels!"

Rashir fumbled for her phone and unlocked it, remembering her password to change the song. "Hey! I was listening to that," She glared at him and snatched her phone back as they sat at a stop sign, waiting for some students to cross the street.

"Pick another song or I'm jumping out the car," He said with a straight face, clearly not joking.

"Fine, fine." She shuffled a playlist she thought that he would like and "Shake the Room" by Pop Smoke played instead.

"You listen to this?" Rashir looked at her with surprise.

"Yea, why are you so surprised?" She laughed at his facial expression, "What? Did you think I just listen to pop all day or some shit? Is it because I'm a girl?"

"No, I just ain't think you was the type of person to listen to Pop Smoke," He raised his arms in surrender, "Relax girl,"

"I'm kidding," She turned to him as they sat at a red light, "You never answered my question,"

"What question?"

"Do you wanna come to Field of Screams?" She asked him. When they were at Chiptole she was in the middle of explaining the plan when she stormed off, so she didn't get to finish asking if he wanted to come.

"Oh yea, fo' sure I'll come. I'll tell Nico and Mateo 'bout it too," He offered.

"Okay, you wanna go next weekend on Halloween?"

"That's cool,"

"Okay yay! We should make a group chat with everyone," She suggested as they pulled into his neighborhood. Rashir nodded in agreement and she parked, killing the engine. "You know I'm always here if you wanna talk right? And I mean I'm actually here, not just like I say I'm here when we both know that you would never actually come to me to talk to your problems-"

"Lourdes," He cut off her rambling.

"Yeah?"

"I promise I'll talk to you when I need to aight? You don't gotta worry about me," He assured her, making intense direct eye contact which was made her feel like he was being sincere. She didn't speak for a couple of moments, just staring back at him until he broke their eye contact, grabbing his bag from her backseat. "Thanks for the ride, you still coming to my game tomorrow right?"

"Shit," she cursed inwardly. She had completely forgotten that their game was tomorrow. She hadn't asked any of the girls to come with her but she was sure they would say yes if she asked. "Yeah, I'm coming,"

"Good," He nodded, "I'll see you tomorrow then," He dabbed her up, opening the car doors and jogging up to his walkway. She stayed parked and watched him until he unlocked his door and went inside, turning around to wave at her. She started her engine and pulled off, driving back home.