8. The Promise

The Promise

*****

Disclaimer - (Cause fanfiction is tricky ground and I hope not to offend the creator of the original story and get sued)

This is a fanfiction, a work of fiction. It is an unofficial, non-canon alternate story based on Riichiro Inagaki's story "Dr. Stone". Most of the media - such as the images and video's used in this fanfiction - are from the web. Thus, most of them aren't mine (because I really, really can't draw) unless mentioned. To fit the story, images are also edited by the photo editor. So they aren't mine, just edited.

Have you ever written something from the back of your head, and then realise oh sh** these were someone else's words. Yeah, that just happened to me, my disclaimer no less. Anyway, like 40% of this disclaimer belongs to KairuSui from quotev

Also if you own a picture or Video that I found online, and you either want your name added, or me to take it down. Please contact me and we can talk it out.

P.s. I also ask that you do not copy my work and publish it onto any other website (I jump around on a lot of fanfiction websites...) If you're gonna use my idea, please ask me (I'll 99.99% say yes unless you're super duper rude). If I don't contact you within a week, then just assume I'm giving you the all clear and go for it. Just remember to credit me.

I will be writing out scenes even if my Oc isn't in them. As long as she's mentioned, or influencing the characters in some way. This may seem a bit annoying. But that's just how I write. I like to embed my characters into the story line.

Warnings: Slow burn,

*****

Today's Special

Today's Special

People ask me why is it so hard to trust people.

I ask them why is it so hard to keep a promise.

~ Unknown

*****

{Third P.O.V.}

Later that night, after everyone had fell asleep. Senku found Rika, alone, looking at the stars.

She was wearing a white night dress, that looked even paler in the moonlight. Senku couldn't help but think, 'She almost looks like an angel.' He was quick to shake those thoughts from his head. 'No. I don't have time for stuff like that yet.'

"You're still awake?" He asked, surprised to find the girl sitting by the put out fire with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

"Yeah. I like to stay awake for a little while after everyone false asleep, at least once a week. Just looking at the stars and thinking." The brunet answers.

"About what?" He asks, sitting next to her.

"I don't really know." The girl laughs. "It can be about anything. From how much time Ruri has left, to what's out there in the world. Or some nights, I like to just turn my mind off, and just admire the stars. What about you. What's keeping you up tonight?"

"Don't really wanna talk about it." He shakes his head.

"Well you're gonna have to. It's never a good idea to keep these kinds of things to yourself. Let me guess you're worried about Gen? I don't blame you. It's scary to know that your life's in the hands of such a superficial man." Rika said, hitting the nail right on the head. "But you know, you made me a promise. You told me that no one would get hurt because of him. And that includes you to. I kept my end of the deal, so you need to keep yours too." She said.

"Hey! I never promised."

"But it was implied. So you better make it happen."

Senku laughed. "Yeah. And how exactly am I supposed to do that? It's hard to win over a man like that."

"Figure it out. Your highness." Rika said, getting up.

"Wait, what?" Senku askes.

"Your highness. If this is the kingdom of science. Then that would make you the king." Rika laughes. "If you're gonna call me bunny. Than I'm gonna call you, your highness." she then places her blanket on his shoulders as she gets up. "Just remember; Heavy is the head that wears the crown." They both recognised the double meaning in the girl's last sentence and gesture.

"Senku." Rika calls, looking over her shoulder. "I'm trusting you. And I don't really do that a lot. So please don't let me down."

"I know. I won't. That, I promise."

*****

Now this. Even after many years, has become a tradition between the two. That once every week, after everyone else had fallen asleep. The two would sit under the stars together. Some days they would talk. Other, they would be content, to just be in each others presence, knowing that the other one was there.

*****

I know this is a lot shorter than my other. But I wanted to keep this one short and sweet.

 But I wanted to keep this one short and sweet