Diversity contestants

3/3
Diversity
The practice or quality of including or involving people from a range of different social and ethnic backgrounds and of different genders, sexual orientations, etc.

3/3DiversityThe practice or quality of including or involving people from a range of different social and ethnic backgrounds and of different genders, sexual orientations, etc

1st contestant: @SashaBastien
Deserted Together

Description:⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇He loosens his grip from my waist and I begin to slip under

Description:
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
He loosens his grip from my waist and I begin to slip under. My face scrunches up in discomfort, and he grabs a hold of me. He pulls me closer to him, our faces inches apart.

"So you can't swim." He says, grinning.

"No. I can't." I say. My eyes wander down towards his chest. I just now notice he isn't wearing a shirt. I refocus my eyes back to his face, my cheeks getting hot.

"We live in California. How do you not know how to swim? There are beaches everywhere."
——

It was the last summer before college. For Rae, this meant making memories with her best friends and vacationing until she forgot the last four miserable years of high school. After taking school to seriously and planning all the right steps for college, Rae takes advantage for the time off.

For Grayson, this last summer meant deciding if he really wants to spend the next four years being a star-athlete swimmer in college to please his overbearing father, or pursue his true passion of wildlife and spend the next year traveling the world. He takes a vacation with his friends to get away from it all, hoping he will lay back and relax.

When a boat ride and a crazy storm leave the two stranded on a deserted island, everything takes a turn for the worst. Rae and Grayson must adapt to the island around them and depend on each other for survival. Rae and Grayson always knew of each other, being friends of each other's friends, but never knew about each other. With Raes panic and paranoia and Grayson's laid back outlook they may seem like an unlikely pairing, but the blazing sun and time away from the outside world just may bring them closer together.

-ˋˏ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
2nd contestant: @winnie_loves_honey
4.1

Description:⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇Grace Poon Au-Yong wants one thing and one thing only – success

Description:
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
Grace Poon Au-Yong wants one thing and one thing only – success. Okay, maybe more than one thing since success is subjective and comes in many forms. But that's not the point. The point is, Grace has to be a success which comes from having the highest GPA, getting the internships and club executive leadership positions, earning scholarships, and having an all-around stacked resume. Not a big deal, right? She has supportive parents, and by supportive, I mean a constant pressure to gain and maintain said success. According to them, anything less than a 4.0 is a failure, and rightfully so.

Grace, despite her constant hard work and dedication to the craft of success, was never quite able to achieve her parents' apparently modest standards in high school. Now that she's entering university, will she be able to rise to the challenge and make them proud of her? Or will she crumble under the pressure and fail, again?

-ˋˏ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

3rd contestant: @harveyelliot
Still Point

Description:⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇'I want you to want me,' the text read, and he smiled as he shot off his reply

Description:
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
'I want you to want me,' the text read, and he smiled as he shot off his reply.
'You have no idea how much I already do.'

Wesley Chao doesn't believe in love and Wyatt Carter wishes he wasn't always in it, until they both meet at an art exhibition and fall like toy soldiers.

-ˋˏ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈