"Yes." Alex answered. "Exactly." Kichiro trotted up close to Saphira, and let out a playful neigh. Saphira bowed her head and nudged him with her nose before darting back. Kichiro began to chase after her and Alex watched them play.

Luna found her not long later. Alex smiled and pat the seat next to her. Luna sat down. "Are you nervous for your quidditch match?"

"Who, me?" Alex shook her head. "No, I'm looking forward to beating Cho Chang."

"You will. You've got the niddlespirits on your side." Alex grinned.

"As a Ravenclaw, shouldn't you be supporting your house?"

"I'd rather be on your side." Luna said. "You've always been on mine." Alex nodded.

"You know, if those pesky Ravenclaws ever get too annoying, I really wouldn't mind hexing a few."

"I'll keep that in mind. Is your dragon flying off with your unicorn?" Alex stood up in alarm, to see Saphira holding onto Kichiro under his belly with her claws.

"Saphira, if you drop him and he gets hurt, no more playdates!" Alex scolded. "And no more visits from other people."

Relax, he's fine with it. He's happy and I won't drop him. Saphira laughed flying in circles.

"You better not." She called back, not moving her eyes off them at all.

"It's nice that they get along so well." Luna said.

"Yeah. It is, though times like this it's bloody frightening." Alex calmed a little as Saphira finally set Kichiro down.

See, he's fine! Saphira said.

"Yeah. But I'm just saying, if you'd have dropped him, you'd be in trouble."

I wouldn't have. Can you bring me more of your friends?

"We'll have to do it carefully, Saph. You might scare them a little." Saphira laid down, sadly. "It's not a no. It's just that we'll have to introduce you carefully. Okay?"

Now?! She perked up.

"They're asleep now."

No they're not. They're looking for you.

"Uh oh." Alex jumped up. "Stay here, and I'll see if they're okay to meet you. If not, I promise we'll do it sometime this week."

Okay.

"Kichiro can stay with you for a bit. Just don't go flying without supervision." The girls ran back to the unicorn camp.

"There you are!" Hermione said. "Told you they were fine."

"Where did you go?" Hannah asked, calming down.

"Um, back that way." Alex pointed. "I'm fine, you don't have to worry. Why are you all awake anyways? Isn't it past your bedtimes?"

"I got worried when I saw you were missing." Hannah said.

"I wasn't missing." Alex denied.

"So what were you doing?" Megan asked. Alex bit her lip.

"Okay, so I will explain, on one condition." She turned to Megan. "You say nothing at all. Not a peep."

"Why me?" Megan looked offended.

"Take it or leave it." Megan crossed her arms but nodded.

"Fine."

"I was checking on Saphira." Alex said.

"Who's Saphira?" Charlie frowned.

"Saphira is, um... she's a dragon." Alex muttered the last bit. Megan burst out laughing. "Shut up!"

"I'm not saying anything." She leaned back against a tree, still laughing out loud. Alex glared.

"What do you mean a dragon?" Hannah asked.

"It's a long story. She lives in the forest and she's really sweet and not at all frightening and she actually wants to meet you guys." Alex ignored Megan's snickers.

"A dragon wants to meet us?" Charlie asked. "You know what, I would love to meet her."

"But, dragons. Aren't they dangerous?" Hannah bit her nails worriedly.

"Some. But not Saphira."

"How can you be so sure?" Susan doubted. Alex glared warningly at Megan before answering.

"I can... understand her." Megan let out another snort and raised her hand. "Fine, Megan. You're clearly bursting. One question or statement." Megan nodded seriously.

"When I joked about you taking care of a wounded dragon last year, it was not a suggestion." Laila laughed. Alex did not look amused.

"Okay, I promise, Saphira's really very playful. She's not mean. Will you all meet her?"

"Obviously." Ginny said.

"Yes." Charlie jumped at the opportunity. Hannah nodded reluctantly.

"You swear she's not dangerous?" Susan asked.

"I swear."

"Okay." Susan agreed. They all looked at Laila and Alex sent her a look.

"Sure. I'd love to meet a dragon." She shrugged. Alex nodded.

"Be back in a sec." She ran out to Kichiro and Saphira. "Okay, Saph. We're going to go introduce you to everyone. But there are rules. Okay?" Saphira flapped her wings in excitement. "Since when are you such a people dragon anyway?"

People are fun!

"Okay. Now, listen. Laila's there, but you can't know her. You have to pretend like you've never met her."

Why?

"Because then it'll be really obvious that I was in Gryffindor's grove and a part of that whole exploration project, which I can't have been."

Okay. Can we go now?

"Okay. Behave, Saph."

Promise.

A/N- the gang meets Saph 😁😁

Favourite line is "When I joked about you taking care of a wounded dragon last year, it was not a suggestion."