Chapter 1: Visitors

Começar do início

"But-"

He stopped his sentence when Wen Qing gave him the signature gesture that was a threat of needles. Wei WuXian sighed in defeat, standing up and lifting Wen Yuan with him. He made sure Chenqing was with him and followed Wen Qing outside.

The Burial Mounds was indeed a dark place, but over two years of living here, Wei WuXian and the Wen Remnants had completely transformed the area they lived in. It was at the top of one of the shorter mountains and used to be barren and dim, but now there were multiple crops growing and many buildings had been built. Wei WuXian had communicated frequently with the mountains and spirits, the resentment curling around and spirits greeting them as a child. Perhaps that's what they saw him as, their child. Whatever the case, it was beneficial and Wei WuXian coexisted easily in the place that once tried to kill him, but also saved his life.

Everyone here was used to the occasional visits of the ghosts that Wei WuXian had connected to. Only the ghosts Wei WuXian had met and trusted were able to approach them through the wards, or else Wei WuXian would drive them back. If the ghosts refused, a few of the trusted spirits would appear and deal with the mess, protecting those that lived and healed their home.

Other than crops and houses, Wei WuXian had also successfully grown Lotus Pods, giving him a small reminder of Yunmeng and the outside world. It was a small garden in the center of their living area, but one of the Uncle's had been into architecture and worked with another Uncle who worked with mining and blacksmithing, decorating the pond. It was probably the most beautiful thing in their home. He had taught everyone how to use the pods and seeds for food purposes, so now their meal menu was a bit more varied, despite money not being as big of an issue as it was when they had first moved here.

When exiting his cave, Wei WuXian automatically smiled as he heard the buzz and chatter of life. He never could've imagined that the Burial Mounds- the place he had basically died and suffered in, would bring him such joy and warmth...He also never imagined to be accepted by the Burial Mounds as its protector? Healer? Master? Child? Whatever the mountain saw him as, it was good. It was a strange relationship, but it was one Wei WuXian had nothing to complain about.

Wei WuXian placed Wen Yuan down on the ground again, the young boy running over to a couple of the Uncle's who were farming. The demonic cultivator smiled fondly and returned his attention to Wen Qing, who handed him an apple to eat.

Wei WuXian took it without complaint, biting into it deeply. He sighed in satisfaction as the fruit's juices spread through his mouth, claiming the walls, roof, and his tongue. He stood there surveying the place he called home and the people that were now his family, chomping away into the red fruit.

"Ying-Ge!!!!!!" Wen Ning's alarmed voice shot through the air, getting everyone's attention.

The undead boy ran in from the path leading to their occupied land, eyes wide and shocked. Wei WuXian looked at him with surprise, sensing the presence of the spirits that had been in his cave flying behind him, curious, "Wen Ning, what's wrong?"

"I was shopping in Yiling," Wen Ning explained, rushing over closer, "And I passed by a group of people at the inn. They were gossiping about how some esteemed cultivators had booked the rooms late last night,"

Wei WuXian narrowed his eyes at once, tightening his grip on the red fruit in his fingers. He took an aggressive bite and asked, "Which Sects?"

"I'm not sure, but I think one of them is Sect Leader Jiang," Wen Ning frowned.

Wei WuXian's narrowed eyes turned into ones of confusion. Last he checked, he hadn't broken any of the rules set for him. He hadn't left Yiling in two years and for the past few days, he had been working in his cave. Moreover, from what he remembered, it wasn't time for anybody to send disciples to check on him.