Kai sighs and rubs his temples gently with his hand, "Hope has a boyfriend as well dad," Diana protests, "she is 5 years older than you," Kai looks at his daughter with a god help me look, "we are supernatural being and you are talking to me about age? You're such a hypocrite because you were the one who banged a girl at the age of 15!" Diana suddenly cover her mouth with her hand after realizing what she said. "Well I'm going to the bathroom, Lizzie you coming? "Yep, love to go to the bathroom with you, I will show you Caroline's soaps." Both of them escaped the living room as soon as they could.

Evalynn's mouth hung open after hearing Diana's words, "you sold me out!" She points her finger at Diana, "sorry mom." Diana looks at her with guilt on her face, Evalynn can feel Kai's intensive gaze on herself, "can I go to the bathroom with Lizzie and Hope? I really wanna see auntie Care's new soap," she looks at her dad, "what no!" Both of her parents said at the same time, "ok... Just shooting my shot!" She looks at her laps trying to distract herself.

"Dinner's ready!" Caroline's voice comes from the kitchen, "coming! Now go get Hope and Lizzie." Evalynn shots her daughter a look hinting her to run, "thanks mom!" Diana says quickly before she disappears. "Sweetheart you can't just do this every time." Kai complains and his lips formed a pout on his face, "come on sweetie, you can't treat her like she is 5 forever, she is old enough to date, nothing is gonna happen to her, you need to relax," Evalynn holds Kai's hands in hers, "I'll think about it."

After everyone is seated at the table Caroline holds her glass in the air, "Merry Christmas everyone!" She said with a warm smile on her face, "Merry Christmas!" Everyone said at the same time. "Aunt Jo did you make this?" Diana said after swallowing her food, "actually it was your dad," Jo smiles at her niece, "how can't you never make this at home?" Diana looks at Kai with disbelief in her eyes, "because you rarely eat at home?" Kai said with sarcasm in his tone, Damon clears his throat, "why don't we talk about something else hmm? How is your chipmunk diet Stef?" Damon turns his head to his brother.

"Seriously Damon, you can't come up with a better topic?" Caroline rolls her eyes, "what? It is a good topic, a very deep topic, worth the discussion." Damon sent another piece of steak to his mouth after speaking, "you can ask about the kids' school," Elena looks at him innocently. "Ric how are the kids doing at school?" Damon said with a giant fake smile on his face. "Very good actually," Alaric said with amusement in his voice, now Damon is ran out of topics.

Evalynn holds her empty glass, "can I please have more wine?" She looks at Caroline, the blondie quickly snatches the bottle from Stefan and pours her another glass of wine, "yea me too," Bonnie said and passing Caroline her wine glass, "yea me next," Kai says, "so is mine." "Mine is empty too." Liv said with a grin, "guys..." Damon looks at everyone unamused, then everyone burst into laughters.

Everyone is lying on the couch after the feast they had except for Kai, "Diana can you come here? Just one minute." Kai waves his hand gesturing his daughter to come to the dining room, "what is it dad?" Diana walks to Kai and stands in front of him. Kai put up a spell so no one could hear them, "right, I thought about it, the whole dating stuff." He rubs his palms against each other, Diana raises one of her brows asking him to continue, "I was being overprotective, I never had a relationship with my parents, it's just you grew up so fast, I don't wanna lose you, I'm sorry about the way I acted, I should've been more mature."

Shock was written all over Diana's face, she suddenly hugs her dad out of the blue, after a second Kai puts his hands on her back hugging her back, "dad you will never lose me, I will always be your daughter and love you, no matter how old I am dad, and I forgive you," Diana said softly, "did mom talk to you?" She looks up and asks Kai, "yea sort of," Kai chuckles and looks at his daughter in his arms, "does that mean I can date now?" A mischievous smile appears on her face, "yea but if that douchebag hurts you, I swear I will give him the most excruciating death ever."

Diana chuckles at Kai's words, "I'm serious." Kai said, "I know and I love you too. No matter what happened or how old I am, I will always love you and mom, and you are a really good dad," she smiles, "I will always love you and your mom too, come on, let's go back to the living room now."

Later that night Diana stayed at Jo's place to have a sleepover with Lizzie and Hope, Evalynn got back home with Kai pretty late. "How was your talk with her?" Evalynn asks Kai while hanging her coat in the closet, "pretty good, frankly I didn't realized how mature she is until that moment." Kai almost looks proud of himself, "well I'm happy you guys fixed things, I'm just really proud of you for talking to her, I know being a dad is new to you, but I think you are doing a great job," Evalynn cups his face, "we raised her well sweetheart," he pulls her into his arms.

"Can you believe it? We've gone by this far now, I mean look at this, look at us, Diana is just as kind as you, I did the most for her beautiful part of course, I mean my genes are just perfect," Evalynn rolls her eyes in response, "thank god she is not as arrogant as you," she chuckles, Kai bites her shoulder lightly, "ouch." She looks at him and slaps his arm playfully. "I love you Evie poo," he rests his forehead on hers, "I love you too Parker," she laughs under her breath while running through his hair with her fingers.