Bonus chapter 2

*This one is more like a sad version of the ending, I thought about making this as Chapter 31 aka the official ending, but I think this is too sad and I kinda wanna give them both a happy ending as they both deserves it so much :)*

Three years later,

A little boy runs to Kai who is waiting for him with open arms, "my little boy, did you have fun? And where is your sister?" Kai carries his son in his arms while searching for Diana on the playground, the little boy has curly brown hair and a pair of blue grey eyes just like himself. "My mom took her to the store earlier to get her a bandage, she tripped over a pebble, and it was really fun dad, can we please come here more often?" The little boy looks at Kai with a pure smile on his face.

"Of course Elliot, now let's wait for your mom and your sister alright?" Kai looks at him, a few moments later Diana came back with a bandage on her knee and Evalynn next to her. "How's your wound Diana?" Kai puts Elliot down and bent to her level, "it's fine dad, nothing serious, can we go back? I'm starving," Diana looks at her parents completely ignoring her brother who looks grumpy now. "I wanna play, please mom," Elliot protests.

Evalynn checks the time on her phone, "6PM, it's getting dark Elliot, and your sister is starving and injured, can you be a gentleman this time, I promise you we can come back here tomorrow," Evalynn plays with his curly hair as she speaks, "Elliot get your ass home or else you are not gonna be able to sleep peaceful tonight," Diana threatened him, "Diana, be nice to your brother please," Evalynn sent her a glare.

"How about we settle this with rock paper scissor, one round winner's call?" Kai finally spoke, "fine," Diana and Elliot said at the same time, Evalynn stands back up and decides to watch the little show. "Rock paper scissor shoot!" "Yes! In your face Elliot!" Diana jumps up and down as she beats her little brother, "dad she cheated!" Elliot's face turned tomato red as he turns to Kai, "come on you know she didn't," Kai laughs. Diana sticks her tongue out to Elliot's direction rubbing it in, "ohh is someone a sore loser?" Diana giggles.

"Come on Evalynn, wake up!" Evalynn heard a familiar voice, she opens her eyes slowly, "Damon, what's going on? Where am I?" Evalynn looks around her finding the strange surrounding, "what is the last thing you remember?" Stefan said anxiously, "we were in the compound with the originals, and James was there, what happened, where is Kai, how long have I been out, I need to see Kai!" Evalynn is getting more and more emotional and tries to stand up, all she want is to see the young heretic right now.

Damon pushes her down making her sitting on her bed, "Evalynn calm down please, you've been out for a week, and Kai," Damon suddenly stops talking, "just drink some water alright? It will be fine in the morning," Stefan hands her a glass of water, she drank all of them within a second, "where is Kai! I need to see him Stefan!" She snaps at the Salvatore brother, "he is in the living room," Damon said nonchalantly while staring at the floor, "Damon!" Stefan yells at him but it was too late, Evalynn is already on her way to see him.

Stefan pushes Damon away, "what were you thinking Damon! She just woke up," then Stefan catching up with Evalynn with his vamp speed, Evalynn rushing down to the living room seeing everyone in there, the only person missing is the one she wants to see the most. Everyone turns around facing her, they all have the same look on their faces, it's sadness, it's like they are grieving over something.

"Where is Kai? And why are you looking at me like that?" Evalynn looks at them, they are all standing in front of the couch now, blocking her view, "Klaus where is Kai?" She clenches her jaws, he didn't answer her, "Elijah tell me where is he, did he go back to Portland or something? Liv, Jo, Caroline someone tell me where is he!" She screams at them.

Kol moved away from his spot revealing a figure lying on the couch with a blanket covering his body, Evalynn felt everything stopped around her the moment she sees a body on the couch, "no it's not him, someone tell me it's not Kai," her voice starts to shake, she feels the tears hitting her cheeks. "Love calm down please," Klaus said quietly, "I will calm down after you tell me that it's not him, that is not him!" She points at the body lying on the couch 10 feet away from her.