Chapter Eighteen

Y/n's P.O.V.

Over the next few weeks, the rehearsals continued, and every time it was the same process but with different scenes. One day, Mr. Robertson called everyone into his office for a meeting. None of us had any idea about what he wanted to talk to us about, but I hoped it was good news. "You all may be wondering why I called you all in here. Well, don't be afraid, children. But there is good news in the theater world!" Mr. Robertson smiled. I glanced over at Louis and smiled for a split second before looking back at Mr. Robertson's desk.

"We have an official date for The Romeo and Juliet play! You guys better be ready in two weeks because we'll be performing here on October 15th!" Everyone in the room starting cheering and clapping, myself and Louis included. Not only was the play going to be in two weeks, but it was also on the Friday before we went on break. We just had to get through two more weeks of pretending to hate each other, and then we could be together officially with our parent's consent.

"I can't believe we'll be on stage soon!" Louis whispered once Mr. Robertson had dismissed us. "I know! I'm nervous, but I'm mostly excited," I smiled. Louis smiled before instantly pulling us behind one of the curtains. "I'm tired of all this sneaking around. Hopefully, I can come visit you without having to climb up your roof," He whispered so only I could hear. "Me too," I smiled. I gently took his hand and leaned in close to his lips. He instantly started kissing me back, and by the time we had three kisses, Mr. Robertson called out our names.

"We should probably get going before he thinks we disappeared," Louis chuckled. I nodded, and I watched as he popped out from the curtain first. "Alright, we're working on the scene where Romeo and Juliet wake up together and say their goodbyes!" Mr. Robertson told us. Louis and I looked at each other, and I tried my hardest not to blush. That scene took place the morning after they, you know.

A few of the crew brought out a small mattress, and I felt myself shaking as I laid down on it. Louis laid down next to me, and he smiled a little as Mr. Robertson took a seat in the front row. "And, ACTION!" I sat up on the mattress while still looking at Louis. "Must you be gone? It is not yet near day. It was the nightingale and not the lark, That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear. Believe me, love, it was the nightingale," I recited, feeling my cheeks turn a deep pink.

"It was the lark, the herald of the morn, no nightingale. Night's candles are burnt out, and jocund day stands tiptoe on the misty mountaintops. I must be gone and live, or stay and die," Hearing Louis say those words nearly brought tears to my eyes, but I kept my composure as we continued with the scene. After we finished, Mr. Robertson started clapping, and from where I was standing, I could see he was trying to hold back tears. "Beautiful! Perfection!" he said as he continued clapping.

He let us all have a ten-minute break, and I looked through my backpack as I grabbed a small snack. But when I looked through my mirror, I saw someone standing right behind me. It was Dylan. "Dylan! How did you get in here? You're not part of the cast!" I gasped. "I know, but I came here because I needed to tell you something," he said. He looked like he was holding something behind his back. "Uh, what is it?" I asked. He pulled out a small bunch of red roses and daisies and walked towards me.

"Look, I know that it must be rough for you to be in a play with you know who, but I hope that this will bring some light to your days," he smiled. "Thanks, Dylan," I smiled, taking the flowers and placing them on the table behind me. "But, there is something else. I wanted to wait until this weekend to tell you, but I can't hide it anymore," My eyes grew wide as saucers, and I had a feeling he was going to tell me something I had no intentions of hearing from him.

"Y/n, I love you,"