22. Nemoto

I waited patiently in the shadows with Sakaki. Overhaul and his assistant carrying a doubled Eri were on there way making there way past us when suddenly this kid showed up.

"We need to have a chat."

"You again," Master Overhaul said, "catching up shouldn't have been so easy."

"I took a shortcut. Now, I'm here for the girl."

"You look like you're just a student, trying to act like a hero. Last time you turned a blind eye to the situation. It's not like this girl is hoping you'll save her. To her you're no hero."

"She's why I'm here."

"You're not getting the picture m, huh? Let me make it simple."

Sakaki who was already climbing on the ceiling, activated his quirk as the kid was about to run.

"I'm telling you, you're going to die."

"What...?" He began falling, not able to walk correctly.

"Bwa ha ha! Feeling drunk, are ya?!"
Sakaki said, "Hic... Like... You... Can't... Stand up... Can't stand up... Straiiight?! Same here man!! Which's why I ain't walking around down there! Better stay away from me, or you'll get just as plastered!!"

I took out a gun and began shooting him. The bullets went right through him.

"What the heck kinda quirk is that?"

"Premeation!! When I use it, everything passes right through me!"

"We were wondering how you popped up here. So that's how you were able to slip past Mimic and the others."

"Missed every shot? You suck!! You feeling tipsy or what?!" Sakaki said throwing a bottle at he which I flung away.

"No. That's your thing."

"Me?"

"You just keep quiet and back me up."

"So you... Force people to talk?" The kid asked, "You're npt tbe type... To fight on the front lines!"

"Exactly." I said proudly, "I'm not like the rest of the pawns. I'm a unique member of the Hassaika! One permitted to bear direct witness to the young master's ambitions!!"

"What sort of ambitions involve exploiting your own daughter?!"

"Ah emotions are unnecessarily burdens if things are to proceed smoothly. You should know that better than anyone. When you ran into little Eri, you wanted things to go smoothly, right? So you turned a blind eye."

"That's right." He said shocking himself. I loved it when people who thought they were better than us relies the truth, that they're just the same.

"And when you figured out the gist of our plan, you regretted it. You're here to save Eri? Eri is just a pretext to make you feel better about yourself, right? Look, Sakaki. They're moving on ahead! The young master needed me to help fulfill his ambitions! I must follow him! And walk the same path! To share the joy of realizing his goals! Now, then!! Now, then!!"

I loved Overhaul! I want to walk beside him! Be with him! I know the world is all just alpha x omega, but he doesn't care about those labels! I could be with him! He's right there! But he's next to that assistant, Chronostasis. I hate Kurono! He's in the way! It's easier for him, he's an omega! But I'll be the one to end up with Overhaul! Kurono would just have to find another crush!

"Go to hell, you nuisance!" I felt him hit me and throw me as I crashed into the floor with Sakaki.

"That's right. As long as that girl can't smile, thrn I can't let this go!!"

He hit us again making his way to the young master. I slowly got up, as well as Sakaki, and we made our way to the boat to wait for Overhaul.