Grub Karkat x Reader

A huff came from the young Karkat as you held up a custom plush of his crab lusus. After helping you with past wriggler problems somehow Karkat himself had turned into a grub. You wondered if they had unlocked some type of curse. The angry wriggler would not have any of your bullshit it would seem. Bullshit being as in childish antics because you had a feeling he wanted to be back to normal. Back to when he would just burst into your home with a romcom and force you to watch it with him. This made you think of something and you smirked evilly.

Little Karkat was now at your mercy. Although you’d feel bad for giving a wriggler nightmares you decided to force Karkat through a horror movie.

You placed in a dvd copy of your favorite horror film and sat with a curious Karkat in your arms. Once he realized the horror you were inflicting on him he buried his face into your chest. “Oh sweet baby, this is for making me watch those shitty romcoms and I hope you remember when you turn back to normal,” you said pausing the movie and getting up for a snack. Karkat kept clinging to your shirt and shaking terribly. The guilt was already sinking in. You picked your favorite popcorn and put it into the microwave only to hear the doorbell ring. “Really, who is it now?” you groaned. Bringing Karkat with you, you went and answered the door to reveal Kankri.

“Hey I was wondering if you’d seen…” he stopped when he noticed the red grub. “Oh, found him.” Kankri tried to keep from laughing.

“Kankri Vantas, you know that is triggering,” you joked. He took it seriously though and stopped.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to offend you. I just wanted to speak with my dancestor about a few things that have been going on. You see there is…” you shut the door on him. “NOW THAT IS TRIGGERING!” he yelled and you laughed going back to the kitchen for your popcorn.

On the way back you checked if he was still there. Looks like he had gone, and good thing too, you didn’t want to listen to his rambling.

Karkat gave you pleading eyes as if to say ‘Don’t play that horrible movie again’ but you ignored it and started it up again. The entire time Karkat had his face in your chest and couldn’t stop shaking. When the credits rolled you noticed tears in his eyes. Now you were really guilty.

“I’m sorry, Karbaby,” you pat his head. “I won’t do it again.” He sniffed and clung to you for dear life. “How about a comedy, but not a romantic comedy?” you made clear. No response. Sighing, you put away the horror dvd with the grub still in your arms and went to grab the movie Ted. This movie was so offensive that it was hilarious.

Once again you sat watching a movie and a more relaxed grub began drifting. You placed him on the pillow and tried to enjoy the rest of the movie. Hopefully tomorrow he’ll be back to normal and he won’t be yelling at you for the nightmares he may still end up having.