"I'm gonna regret this, arent I?"

"No, we're going to make your toes look hot." She giggled and took out a hot pink bottle.

"Woah, woah, woah," Dexter took his feet back before the brush could touch his nails, "What is that?"

"Pink. It'll be cute."

"No pink."

"What about purple?" I showed him the pale lavender bottle, a color that would definitely make his nails pop.

"No purple."

"Red?" He shook his head and she tried again. "Blue? Green?"

"No colors."

"What? Do you know how nail polish works?" I threw my hands up in the air. Dexter came over and picked a bottle.

"I want this one."

"That's the top coat. It's not even a color." Jenny protested.

"Clear is a color."

"But think of all the compliments you'd get if we painted them pink." I frowned.

"There's no way I'm having pink toes. The team would roast me alive."

Jenny and I looked at each other and shrugged. It was better than nothing. She started on his right foot while I got the left, though not that it mattered since you couldn't see the polish anyway.

"It's been eight minutes." I reminded her and we washed off the mask in the bathroom. My skin felt super smooth and looked more vibrant.

I sat down and was about to paint Dex's other foot when he tensed up.

"I hear something." He grabbed a stake from his backpack and used his vampire speed to check it out. Jenny and I tip-toed behind him.

The front door was struck down in three kicks. I saw Dexter tighten his grip when he saw who it was outside.

"I need your help." It was Isaiah's voice.

"You have five seconds to get the hell out of here before this stake goes through your heart." Dexter threatened.

Isaiah stepped inside and we all backed up.

"Fine, then." Isaiah used his speed to grab my shoulders and trap me against his iron grip. "Now I have some leverage. Listen or Brielle here dies."

I sighed, my body going slack against his. "This again? Don't you have any other tricks?"

"Don't test me, darling."

He touched my cheek but suddenly let go of me. "Bloody hell!" It must've been the vervain in the face mask. Karma was a bitch.

"You'd have to be really desperate to ask us for help." I crossed my arms and looked at him. He didn't look so good; his clothes were singed and his hair a mess.

"Something terrible has happened. Ulrich and his fools have staked my siblings."

"So why aren't you dead?" Dexter asked and that was a bit suspicious. Was this just another trap?

"I barely managed to escape." He spoke urgently. "Riya tried to kill me."

"Why should we care?" Dexter asked. "Look, this is a family issue. We're completely out of it."

"And even if it wasn't, we still wouldn't help you." Jenny added. "As soon as we help you, things will go back to the way they were. And you'll still be killing people."

"On behalf of myself and my family, I promise that once you help us, we will leave and never come back." Isaiah almost sounded sincere.

It was a fair deal but how trustworthy was his word?