four

"He's texting you."

She flashed the phone screen right in her face, shaking her head.

"Well you were before."

Cameron sighed, and Agatha peered over her shoulder for the fiftieth time.

"Bro, don't you have something else to do?"

Agatha crossed her legs, and sat herself on the couch, gracefully, "Luckily for you, I have a non-existent social life that isn't helped by the fact the people I work with are 40 year old moms."

Cameron rolled her eyes and crossed something out. Names lined the margin of the half-filled notebook, and she chewed the end of her pen, squinting at them.

"I don't know, I mean - I could choose anything here."

"Tell me. About her."

Cameron stared at the page, wondering where to start. She had written so much, and in her mind everything added up - almost. But explaining it was hard, she could never take herself seriously until it was all on paper.

"She's got the perfect family, mum, dad, little sister. Except they're not perfect and neither is she. I kinda imagine her as like perfect - big eyes, perfect nose, that shit. But otherwise, there's nothing interesting to name her after." Cameron scrunched her nose, squinting at the names and looking back at Agatha.

"I really like this. Actually finish," she took a long sip of her coke, and grinned, "name her after me."

"No."

"Come on - there's nothing better, is there?"

"People will think the play's about me."

She thought about it for a second. Her other half finished scraps of ideas came from her life, but this was something completely different. She couldn't even remember when she first came up with it.

"I don't know how you do it, isn't it boring to plan something out - like, your plays, you already know what's gonna happen."

"Well, I don't know how you paint. Or teach classes of 8 year olds how to do art when they're too busy getting the paint all over themselves."

She sat up, and shut the notebook. Agatha yawned and down the last dregs from the can, watching Cameron bury her head in her hands. She wasn't sure if she was thinking or giving up. She ignored it, and went to Ace's bedroom to wake him up.

"Morning sleepy, wake up."

The five year old rolled over, facing the wall.

"Cameron! Wake him up."

Cameron walked in and Agatha disappeared to most likely go and get another soft drink, to make her even more spontaneous and chaotic than she was earlier. Cameron wondered if her friend had a caffeine addiction, and figured that her drinking too many caffeinated drinks meant she had to carry on drinking them - they kept her awake at night, and took away the tiredness in the morning.

"Get up Ace, naps don't last all afternoon."

He groaned burying his head in the blanket. Cameron smirked.

"So, Aggie, are you ready to go to the park?"

"Park-"

"Yeah, I guess Ace can't come because he's asleep, so we'll go on our own," she spoke loud enough for him to hear, and loud enough for him to spring out of bed and grab the clothes on the top of the dresser.

"So you're awake? Are you coming then?"

He stares at her, a look of pure annoyance painted on his face. Cameron giggles, and helps pull on some shorts and a t shirt. He sniffs and swats her away, whining.