I saw a few familiar faces, kids that had come to basically all the shows on this tour. I was having fun. I was going to miss the chaos of it all. I watched as Fall Out Boy took the stage opening the show with “Of All the Gin Joints In The All World ” the crowd went wild, as Patrick’s voice filled the venue. I sung along from side stage Callie danced beside me. As they finished that song Pete came to the mic.

“So this has been one of the best tours yet. This particular song goes out to everyone who’s ever had a life changing summer.” Then he started to play “Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of the Year”. Ten songs later, I realized that he was saying something about me on stage. I’d been busy talking with the rodie who had marked all the places that Pete wasn‘t supposed the jump from. Which if you knew anything about Pete he gladly ignored. I looked around for Callie and she was gone. I watched as Travis pulled her out onto the stage.

“This is Callie, I’m sure you guys already know that though. Now where’s Non? Nonnie?” he said into the mic. I stood there shaking my head. There was no way I was going out on that stage. That’s when Bill came out of now where and grabbed me, pulling me out onto the stage. It looked so different now that there were people in the seats. “So she and Callie wrote this song.” I looked over at him like he was crazy. Joe was handing Callie an acoustic guitar and Patrick was walking over to me with the mic in hand. “I told her she should record it, but I think she wants an unbiased opinion. So will you guys be her guinea pigs?” the crowd went wild. I froze.

Pete walked over to me, taking the mic from Patrick and putting it into my hand. “You can do this,” he mouthed silently. I heard Callie start to play. I looked over to see that she was just as nervous as me. I started to sing the lyrics:

On the road of life

Some speed

It was at this time that someone moved my hand, which was plastered to my side with the mic in it up to my face so that my voice filled the venue.

Some follow the signs

There are some

Who crash and burn

But I can barely take care of just one

As I came to the chorus, Patrick and Callie both came in to sing back up:

On this journey we all take

There are bumps

We make mistakes

But I’m learning just to see

Where this road is leading me

They cut out when I went into the next verse:

I feel like I’m running on fumes

Everyone passes me

Yes, even you

I don’t know why

I can’t keep up

It seems I’ll never be enough

But I’ll keep trying until I get it right.

I sang the chorus twice more, as we had practiced and then the crowed went wild. There was no feeling like the one I had right now at this moment. I suddenly had a better understanding of why these guys that I cared so much about loved what they were doing so much. I even understood how, Travis could give up, hanging out with Callie and I just to hear that crowd roar. It was amazing. Pete came over to me and spun me around in a hug. “Okay so this is our last song of the night.” He said into his mic, “Thank you for being our guinea pigs. I’m sure Non appreciates it.” Then they started to play “Saturday”. I ran off the stage.