-|| 1 • Oh Emotions ||-

August 18, 2002

"Honey! Come down and get ready! Today's your first day of school! Will and Mrs

"Honey! Come down and get ready! Today's your first day of school! Will and Mrs. Gold will be outside in 30 minutes." Rachael yelled up the stairs from the kitchen in which she already had pancakes on the table, and her husband sat on the couch with a newspaper and coffee.

Hestia leaped out of bed at these words. She had been extremely excited to start school, much to the contrary of Will. He didn't want to get out of bed every morning just to go to school, he would much rather get out of bed to go play with Hestia or head to play guitar out at the park. School seemed like a waste of time to him. On the other hand, Tia had been thrilled to go to school. She had an eagerness to learn and experience things. She wanted to do it all, and she fully intended to.

Tia put on the uniform that her mom had laid out for her the night before. They were going to a very nice private school with a very nice uniform but it- wasn't exactly tias style. Not that she really knew that yet, especially her only being 6 years old. She wore a dark green polo shirt with two buttons at the top. The shirt was tucked into a plaid, pleated skirt with a very skinny waist band. She brushed her short brown hair out which resulted in it becoming a bit frizzy. Her hair was a bit wavy and when she brushed it- it tended to poof out. After she put on her no show sock and black flats, she ran downstairs to meet her mother.

"Here honey." Rachael handed her a plate full of pancakes and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

"Eat quick! Wills gonna be here in a few minutes." She gave her daughter a smile before turning to go up the stairs and back to her room. The sound of water turning in a few moments later signified her direction was towards the shower.

Hestia turned back to the breakfast table where she sat and ate her food. The house was pretty average with a good sized kitchen leading into an open plan living room and dining room with a half bath attached to the living room. Upstairs there were two bedrooms and two bathrooms with an office in between. It was a pretty basic house with pretty basic interior- no doubt copied exactly from a better homes and gardens magazine.

As soon as Hestia got up to put her plate in the sink, she heard a knock at the door.

"Mum! In headed to school!" She shouted to her mother from downstairs. She only got a small noise of recognition in return, but it was enough for the girl. Her dad had already left as he always did- giving the young girl no chance to socialize with him.

She scooped up her bag as she ran to the door, thrilled about her first day.

"Will!" She nearly tackled him into a hug. They hadn't seen each other the day before because Tia had to go school shopping for her things and her mom had wanted to go alone. A "bonding time" as she had put it. The only difference between when will was and wasn't there is how excited Tia got at the little things. She was always enthusiastic to show Will everything but without him there- they didn't matter as much to her.