I Wanna Be Yours (Part 7)

Last part but whatever hope u have fun reading this and in case u couldn't tell I'm a whore for arctic monkeys like their music is just *chefs kiss* n e ways the story

.

.

.

Suna's POV

When I looked at Kaori walking down the aisle I couldn't help but smile. This was very different than I envisioned my wedding in highschool but different doesn't mean bad right? Back then, I had seen myself getting married to y/n. But this was real. It wasn't y/n, but Kaori. My eyes flickered between y/n and Kaori. I imagined y/n walking towards me, wearing that same smile Kaori was wearing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before letting it out. Damn it, no matter how many times I try I can't help but compare the two women. Is this really how it's supposed to be?

No, I can't get in my head now, If Y/n still loved me she wouldn't have agreed to be here right? I'm marrying and spending the rest of my life with Kaori. Y/n doesn't care about me in that way anymore. This has to be how it goes. This is the right choice.

Y/n's POV

There she was on the altar with him. They looked at each other so lovingly, it made my stomach ache. I couldn't stand this. I felt the color drain from my face when Suna said 'I do'. I felt my nails digging into my palms, emotion threatening to spill out. Cheers erupted around the room while a tear slid down my cheek as I saw them kiss.

'That's supposed to be me'

Next thing I knew, a silent sob escaped my throat. It hurt. It hurt so bad. I felt arms wrap around me and I glanced up to see Kita. His gold eyes looked at me with comfort and I clutched his shirt as my sobs wracked my body. I made sure not to make too much noise in order not to disturb other people. Not that they would pay attention anyway, they were too busy looking at the new married couple. Kita held me while sorrow stabbed me over and over again with its sharp blade. Kita gently lifted my face up and wiped my tears. I forced the ones that were threatening to spill back. It hit me that I had to perform so I couldn't afford to ruin my appearance like this.

I held Kita's wrists and closed my eyes to calm myself down. He looked at me as if to ask if I was okay. I took in a breath and let it out. I nodded and gave him a weak smile.

Kita pulled me back into his arms. I hugged him back and thanked him. Lilith called all of us over and I realized the reception was about to start, meaning it was almost time for us to perform. I pulled away from Kita and apologized. He patted my head and told me to go. I gave him a small bow and walked over to my band. They looked at me concerned before I was engulfed in a hug by all of them. They all whispered something comforting to me before pulling back.

I gave them a smile and thanked them. Lilith gave me one last look before leading us backstage. I quickly fixed up my makeup and tuned my guitar. I practiced some breathing exercises to calm down my racing heart. Everyone else seemed on edge, but relaxed after Lilith gave us a pep talk. We got in our positions and looked at each other with adrenaline threatening to spill out. Everyone took a breath and calmed down. I slightly smiled. We could do this. I could do this.

The twins took to the stage and used the mic to make a toast before saying it was time for the newlyweds first dance. We breezed through all of the songs we were required to play while mixing in a couple of our own. At this point we were three hours into the reception and the liveliness of the part had gone down. We were allowed a break and just put a random playlist on to take our place as music while we ate.

As soon as I set my food down on the table all of my highschool friends swarmed me. It made me feel genuinely happy for the first time in a while. We all exchanged numbers so we could actually stay in touch. Everything was good, until Rin came up to us. Everyone got quiet and slowly started to leave. Eventually it was just Rin, my bandmates, and I. I could feel the glares and anger radiating off my bandmates. Rin normally kept a calm face but suddenly looked a bit more nervous. I turned to my bandmates and gave them a reassuring smile, they all eased off a bit and eventually dispersed until we were alone.