I Wanna be Yours (Part 1)

Hi guys! So this is a short story/songfic

It's based off of the song 'I wanna be yours' by Arctic Monkeys

I want to say thank you to @Yanee_23 for helping me write this story, you're amazing!! Go check out her book too :)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy so here we go
.
.
.
Y/n's POV:

It's been almost three years since high school and my band has finally gotten
big. It's still a little strange when people come up asking for autographs. We have a large enough following now and we're finally having a big concert. I play the bass and write songs, but I will sing occasionally. I only sing very few songs that are very dear to my heart.

We have been prepping non-stop and I feel exhausted. However, I'm really
excited to do this. Today we have a soundcheck and then tomorrow is finally the big day. We ended up practicing for 5 hours before we finally checked into the hotel.

I find it insane that this used to be my home and now it's just a place I rarely visit. Pushing my thoughts away, I layed down and fell into a deep slumber.
I woke up the next day to my alarm blaring and feeling groggy. I looked around and thought about the dream I had. It was strange, something I never really dream about. It had been about all my high school friends. God, it's been a hot minute since I've seen them.

My heart ached at the thought. Damn, I really miss them. I shook my
head and got out of bed to do my morning routine so I could finally head out. I arrived at the place and helped set up the stage. About 3 hours before the concert, we went through hair and makeup. I ended up with a pretty simple look. It was just a wing eyeliner, some blush, and black matte lipstick. My hair was styled to have beach waves. I went to wardrobe and picked some cute black cargo pants with
Doc martens. For the top, I had a white turtleneck under a black ripped up band t-shirt. I put on a white beanie as well. I walked over to the stage and helped finish anything that wasn't done.

And just like that, it was time. My stomach was doing flips and my heart was racing. The opening band had just finished so the rest of my band and I started to walk on stage. There were so many people, but rather than freaking out, my stomach settled and my heart calmed a little bit. I sent a small wave to the ground and everyone started cheering in excitement.