☀︎︎ 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ☀︎︎

"I apologise on my behalf when I say that I regret everything I have done in the past week, I never should have ditched y'all and I am so grateful to have you as my family," I said, looking at Serena who made herself comfortable on my bed

"I apologise on my behalf when I say that I regret everything I have done in the past week, I never should have ditched y'all and I am so grateful to have you as my family," I said, looking at Serena who made herself comfortable on my bed. I hadn't seen Lando since yesterday as he was going out with his friends, providing Serena and me with some quality time to spend together, let's pretend I didn't decide to live with her for a couple of days, but anyway. "I am so sorry."

"Yes, now say it as if you mean it," Serena said, playing with her hair. "You love these people, right?"

"That is debatable," I muttered, writing a few words down on a paper. "Can't we just fake my death instead? I got eaten by a shark or something, that could happen? Or I got kidnapped by the mafia and-"

"-One, there are no sharks here, two, no one is going to kidnap you, you're way too annoying and no one gains anything from being near you," Serena claimed, making me throw a pillow at her. I didn't mind her words though, we were so close the insults no longer mattered to me. "Except for your little boyfriend of course," she teased, throwing the pillow back at me, which I easily caught and put it down on the chair in the corner of my room. "So how are things going between you two? You're aware this thing will end when you're returning home?"

"I don't think this will end," I smiled, glancing out of the window. "Lando and I have a really good connection, I don't know how to explain it, but I am sure we are going to stay in touch. Maybe not as boyfriend and girlfriend, but just as good friends."

"If you think you can still be friends after catching feelings for someone, then you were never really in love, or you haven't fallen out of it." When I shook my head, my best friend raised her hands in defence. "I just saw a Pinterest quote okay? Don't blame me." She paused for a brief moment. "Hold up... you guys are boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"No," I responded almost immediately after her statement. "We are not, we are just having fun now, as something more than just friends, but we are not that serious or anything." Serena shook her head from side to side, suppressing a little chuckle. "What? We're just fooling around for a bit, believe me."

"Make sure you don't get hurt though," she sighed, "I really want what's the best for you, so don't get too attached please." She stood up from the bed and moved up to me, giving me a hug.

"You don't trust him?" I asked, my voice getting muffled by her hair on my face. She hummed something, but I could already tell this didn't mean any good. "He hasn't given you any reason not to trust him."

"True," she admitted, stepping back and sitting on the bed. "On the other hand, he didn't give me a reason to trust him either. I'm on neutral ground when it comes to your new lover."

"You can say that you dislike him, no big deal. I'd prefer it if you stay honest with me." I crossed my arms and looked Serena in the eyes.

"Neutral, Carolyn. I don't necessarily 'like' him, but he is not a bother! I just want you to be careful. I don't allow you to get your feelings hurt under my watch," she stated.