☀︎ ︎𝗦𝗜𝗫 ☀︎︎

So maybe I didn't keep my promise when I told Lando he could try all he wanted, but I was not going back to my family

So maybe I didn't keep my promise when I told Lando he could try all he wanted, but I was not going back to my family. A few days had passed since I said that and I ended up face to face with my favourite brother Thomas as Lando signed us up for this unofficial version of beach volleyball. Unsurprisingly, I had to compete against Thomas and I also noticed Levi, my other brother standing a little further away from the net.

I absolutely hated this game, but Lando was pretty enthusiastic and almost begged me to participate. Fortunately, this whole beach volleyball thing was annual and I gained some experience over the course of the last few years, the only thing that was different now was my team. I usually partnered up with one of my brothers, depending on which round it was. The rules were different than in an official competition and it basically just meant, two people on each side of the net and try to throw the ball over the net and make it land on your opponent's side, it was just for fun and nothing serious, no specific rules either.

Despite playing in duos, we still collected a team around us. Lando and I had paired up as one duo, and some of his friends and Serena made groups as well. We all decided to wear a white t-shirt so we looked somewhat professional. There were a total of five rounds, in which every duo got to play once. Unless something happened of course, then we always had a stand-by, which was in our case, a stranger we found sitting lonely on the beach.

The team of Thomas and Levi existed out of eight people, so two of them had to play an extra round. I kind of felt bad for them as usually, Serena and I were the other people in their team and thanks to us, they didn't have the ten people required. It didn't matter though, they could still participate and that was exactly what they did.

"It's actually girls against girls and boys against boys, traitor," Thomas said, pushing the ball into my hands which made me roll my eyes. Those rules were never applied before, I even paired up with Thomas last year, so I considered it to be really strange if he now started caring about that.

"You're just scared you're gonna lose without me," I answered, stepping back. I was allowed to serve the ball which I did with great success. Much to the frustration of my brothers. I knew that after five minutes, we had to quit anyway, so I might have behaved a little too competitive. I wouldn't be able to live with the fact I lost against my brothers.

I scored the first point whilst in the meantime, Lando attempted to defend the attacks from my brothers. We didn't really make a plan, though it seemed to work out fine with me being the one who got the points and Lando with his quick reflexes catching the ball whenever necessary.

I didn't expect Thomas and Levi to be wankers now that I ditched them, but it felt great to beat them with a decent marge of points when someone whistled, indicating that the game had ended. Luckily, they weren't sore losers and still congratulated me afterwards, though I guessed they just wanted to introduce themselves to Lando.

The four of us watched the rest of the game in peace and that was exactly how I broke my promise. I had a fun little chat with my brothers and they also included Lando in the conversation, I guessed I had overreacted by disappearing for a week. Thinking everything was sorted out now that I won the competition, I went back to my grandparents their house with Thomas, Levi, Serena and Lando after all the duos were done playing. We drank some lemonade whilst sitting on the grass and tried to avoid the adults, as I just didn't feel like explaining things to my mother, or anyone else for that matter.