Arendelle Under Attack

Start from the beginning

As Arendelle burned, the foreign wedding guests ran back to the harbour and boarded their ships.

"Zut alors! Tout est en feu!" the French ambassador cried as he ran onto his ship. "Allez maintenant!"

"Weigh anchor! Set sail!" the Irish dignitary shouted as he hastily boarded his vessel. They all left as quickly as they could.

With the castle ablaze, Freya went back to the town to revel in the panic as everyone tried to put out the fires. She saw a man with a full bucket of water run towards his house. She turned herself into a fireball, flew to the front of the house and emerged laying on the street next to it, propping her head up with her arm.

"Oh I wouldn't bother putting out that fire, I'll just start a new one," she casually said to the man, who looked terrified. The man threw the water on the fire, and Freya leaned over and shot another fireball into the house. "See?" she said gleefully, laughing to herself.

She continued to walk along the streets, throwing the odd fireball into empty houses while everyone around her was desperately scrambling to put out the fires. She laughed out loud as she witnessed the carnage. The fire in her eyes burned brightly and flames shot from her hair like sparks.

A man marched up to her and pointed his finger in her face. "It's you!" he shouted. "You're the one who set fire to our town!"

Freya stared at him and opened her palm, creating a fireball in it. She held it up to him and smirked. He started to back away.

"Yes, I set fire to Arendelle," she declared. "And just what are you going to do about it?" she asked.

The man looked terrified, shook his head and ran away. Freya held the fire up to anyone else who happened to be close by, causing everyone to back away from her.

Amongst the bedlam was Olaf, who was running around with a bucket of water.

"Which house needs this water most?" he called out. "That one? Or this one? Or this one here?" he cried as he kept changing direction. Eventually he tripped up over his own feet. The water went flying forwards and landed right on Freya, who screamed as it covered her. She was soaked from head to toe.

"Why you clumsy, little...what even are you?" Freya said furiously as she picked Olaf up by his head, unwittingly detaching it from his body.

"Hi, I'm Olaf, and I like warm hugs," Olaf replied casually, "although, not quite as warm as yours," he quipped.

The townspeople noticed that something was different about Freya. She was drenched in water, and she appeared duller than before. There were no flames in her eyes, and no fire came from her hands, feet, or hair.

"She's lost her powers!" someone shouted.

"Get her!" came a call from a soldier.

Freya threw Olaf's head at the soldier then turned and tried to run. She knew that if she could just get dry, she'd get her powers back. A townsperson jumped on her and tried to hold her down on the floor, but she bit his hand and he released her. The soldier caught up, grabbed her and held her hands behind her back.

"Quick, throw more water on her!" the soldier called. Another man threw a bucket of water over Freya's head, causing her to scream.

Word got round that Freya had been caught in the town. Elsa got news of this and went to find her, putting out fires with her powers as she went. More soldiers, including General Mattias, had reached Freya and were keeping her restrained, occasionally dumping buckets of water on her to stop her powers returning.

Elsa saw Freya and walked up to her, relieved that she was powerless and being held.

"Yes, well done, you've worked out my weakness," Freya shouted sarcastically. "I have fire powers and I'm vulnerable to water. How long did it take you to figure that out, genius?"

Elsa sighed in frustrated relief, but she knew that as Freya was no longer free, she could deal with the fires properly. Elsa held up her arms and a huge cloud appeared over Arendelle. From it came a blizzard of sleet and snow. It soon enveloped the castle and the whole town. The temperature plummeted and people folded their arms and chattered their teeth. Within a matter of seconds, all the fires were out. As quickly as it had appeared, the cloud vanished, leaving the brief impression of a snowflake in the sky, before the weather returned to the warmth of a glorious summer's day.

Freya looked up in amazement. She already knew that Elsa was stronger than she was, but this was something else. Freya knew that Elsa must have a secret to her power. She was convinced that Elsa couldn't have become that strong on her own.

"Now," said Elsa sternly, looking Freya in the eyes, "what do you have to say for yourself?"

"I taught you all a lesson," Freya said through gritted teeth while looking up at Elsa. "Now the whole world knows what the Fire Queen can do!"

General Mattias made a suggestion. "We can take her to the castle. We have cells there that are made of stone, she can't burn through that."

Elsa agreed. "Just make sure you've got plenty of water," she added. With that, the soldiers dragged Freya away, kicking and screaming.

A townsperson saw Freya being taken away, and threw a bucket of water over her, causing her to scream again.

"That's for ruining everything!" the townsperson yelled.

"Hey, get back!" Mattias shouted at him. "We're taking care of this!" he yelled as Freya was taken to the castle.