III

...

Y/n fidgeted with her glass as she avoided the strange male's gaze. She had a gut feeling that she should keep her distance from the strawberry blond.

"You know Miss y/n, it's not every day that we get to see tourists, especially in this part of town.~"

"Ah... I actually grew up in this town during my early childhood, I had to leave once I left to live with a relative."

"Oooh~, so you used to live here?"

The female just hummed and smiled, her mind too preoccupied with waiting for Phillip Kang. 'When will he come?' She didn't even realize how she unconsciously started shaking her leg again or how she bit on her thumbnail, chipping away at the nail polish she had specially applied for the occasion.

Eunwoo, of course, picked up on this as he pointed it out.

"Miss y/n, you keep glancing at the entrance, are you perhaps waiting for someone?"

"Huh? What? Oh no haha, it's just my first time at a place like this so I'm a little unfamiliar with it."

'Great, you're really just digging your own grave,y/n.'

"Oh~." The male pulled out his phone from his pocket, he appeared to be messaging as he tapped away, his playful smirk being replaced by a slight frown as he glared at his screen.

Y/n paid him no mind as she pulled out her own phone, feeling it vibrate. She unlocked the screen just to be bombarded with messages and call notifications, they seemed to be from her uncle.

<< Y/n, leave that club immediately! I just received some information and it seems their leader will be there too, it's too dangerous for you there, leave immediately! >>
— Sent 15 minutes ago

Around fourteen similar messages were sent to her across all sorts of messengers. Y/n wasted no time in picking herself up, stuffing her phone pack into her purse.

"Something came up, I have to go, thank you for the drinks!" She said, picking up her pace.

"Ah, no problem at all, I hope you enjoy your stay here~." Said Eunwoo before he playfully waved at her, a smile on his face.

With that, y/n exited the club, taking a taxi back to old Mrs Tang's home. The ride was mostly silent, the driver unusually untalkative for someone of his profession. He was dressed in a casual pink polo shirt and beige baggy pants and a slight beard could be seen covering his face.

Finding nothing noteworthy throughout the ride, she decided to call her uncle before reaching Mrs Tangs.

"Hello?"

"Uncle, it's me! What were you thinking, how could you not tell me sooner, I was already there!"

"I tried calling you but your phone was off! Just to stay quiet for a while, it seems they're on to us, someone messed with our information, that's the only way I can explain what happened today. I'll contact you once it's safe."

Y/n sighed, closing the call. Her heart was still beating against her chest and her stomach churning from anxiety. She just prays whoever the man claiming to be called Eunwoo doesn't cause trouble for her in the future.

"We're here." The taxi man said.

"Ah... Thank you!"

"That'll be 10, miss." He said.

Y/N prepared to hand him the money when she noticed his hand, a glimpse of what could have only been a tattoo spotted.
She couldn't get a good look at what exactly it was as the man quickly took the money as sped off.

'Hmm... Strange.'

"Y/N, dear! You're back, I was getting worried!" The familiar old woman said.

"Yes, I was able to leave in time haha." The female simply said, following her inside.

...

"Boss?" A man dressed in a familiar pink polo shirt called out.

"Ah~ There he is!" Said the brunette.

"Who's this, sir?" Asked another voice.

"He just helped us locate the rat, Mr Kang."

"He did?" Asked the older male.

"Why don't you tell us what you've found today, hmm?" Eunwoo asked.

"Y-yes boss! After having her enter the car I drove her 'till the house I think she's been living in. The house belongs to an old lady that goes by the name Sasha Tang. She doesn't have any living relatives and it seems her daughter was entangled with some of our guys a few years back."

A/N

Not very happy with this chapter but it was lying around in my drafts so I decided to publish it cause why not? 🌚