Part 1: Chapter 14; The Archangels

Start from the beginning

In an instant, though, her pressure creeped up Irire's neck and sent a shiver down his spine.

The old demon wasn't the only one to feel the female demon's pressure spike, as the ground beneath her feet shattered into pieces.

"Tch," He spat, not sparing a glance back at his partner behind him, "Reel yourself in, brat."

"~Oh, but I just can't help myself~,"

Razel let her hand slide between her legs as a look of ecstasy overcame her, a small smile on her full lips as she bit her finger, her black wings flapping excitedly.

"I just want to fight that Kari boy this very instant~, I can tell he's strong, really, really strong~!"

"I want him here, right now, as soon as possible~!!"

".....tch, you gross me out with your sadism."

Irire grumbled to himself as he stood himself up, and clutched the sheath of his blade in his left hand. "Let's go, the humans would have made enough noise by now for the two Hashira to notice." He said.

Razel nodded stiffly, letting her three wings spread themselves out with a smile.

"You got it, buddy~"

Irire did the same, letting his two wings spread out as he leapt off the cliff.

The two Archangels had arrived, and they were more than ready to do whatever it took to fulfill their Father's wishes.

"You dumbass, you should have woken me up before rushing off, dummy, dummy, dummy!"

Shinobu received a short smack on the head by the Rage Hashira running alongside her as the two sprinted through the forest, right for the village.

"Ahaha, sorry, sorry, I got a little ahead of myself~!" The ravenette replied with a sheepish chuckle.

Sakusa only rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Yeah, whatever. Just remember the training we did yesterday, and don't you forget what I told you."

Neither teenager said anything after that, the air hung thick with the pressure on their shoulders.

The Archangels had arrived a day early, and neither one of them were in their peak conditions.

Whatever may come was bound to be the hardest the two have ever fought, especially on Shinobu's end.

Coincidentally, she was the one with the bigger pit in her stomach as the forest began to clear up.

She felt queasy, and her legs were begging her and screaming at her to turn the other direction and make a break for it.

She detested herself for this, it was beyond frustrating.

As the two took stride after stride towards the fight of her life, Shinobu's doubts began to swirl in her head.

....we're about to face two strong demons, I know we are...the pressure is getting to me, even from here....

....if these demons are who they say they are, then these two are going to be Lower Moon level at the very least, and that's if we're lucky....

I'm covered in these damn cuts and bruises, but him......he's got no signs of damage at all, and it's only been a day since we fought each other....

....fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.....I might die here, won't I.....

"Hey. Quit it with that face."

"Eh?"

Shinobu was shaken out of her thoughts when she felt a flick to her forehead, and she yelped in response.