Part 1: Chapter 14; The Archangels

Start from the beginning

She glanced around at her surroundings, and besides the shards of rock and fallen trees from their training, they were all the same.

Phew, I must've been paranoid or something, She sighed in her thoughts,

Those Archangel demons aren't supposed to arrive until tomorrow, so just go back to sleep, Shinobu, and rest up for tomorrow's-

"S-STAY AWAY, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM M- AAAIEEE!!!"

Shinobu's eyes flickered once again and she jumped to her feet, and instantly strapped her blade to her waist.

Tch, so I was right, something's here!

The raven-haired girl quickly did her hair up with a butterfly clip and raced off towards the threat, but paused before she got out of the passageway through the trees that led towards the clearing, and took one last look at the campsite, one last look at Sakusa.

He was completely knocked out, shirtless with his arm draped over his eyes with his eyepatch still covering the right side of his face.

She furrowed her eyebrows at the boy's sleeping state, and broke out into a frown.

Tch...I don't need you....

Turning her back towards the camp, Shinobu sprinted as fast as she could, pushing her legs through the forest, towards the sound of the screams that rapidly grew louder.

As the trees began to clear and the forest thinned out, the Insect Hashira came towards a hill overlooking the city, and when she looked down on the town set alight, she gasped in shock, and her hands curled into shaking fists.

N-No......I was too late to wake up....

Sitting atop one of the larger building's rooftops, were dozens of half-eaten bodies, bleeding and missing limbs and vitals alike as they were splattered across the roofing tiles, spelling out a message that could only be meant for her.

WE CAME EARLY

EXPECT US SOON!

- ANGELS

Her eyes wide in horror, Shinobu bit her lip to hold herself back as she turned back towards the camp, slowly trudging her way towards the sleeping Rage Hashira.

I.....was too late again....some Hashira I'm turning out to be....

"So, you think that'll get their attention, Irire~?"

The old demon, sitting crossed legged with his arms across his chest, let out a huff in reply.

"Tch, they're demon slayers, they have to respond sometime." He grumbled as her surveyed the city.

The two demons stood atop the far end of the city, overlooking Shimabara Bay on the side opposite to the side of the camp Shinobu and Sakusa had set up.

They had only arrived an hour earlier, but managed to make quite a big impression, along with quite the satisfactory meal, if they were to say so themselves.

"Man, oh man, I'm just itching to fight those two now!" Razel said enthusiastically, breaking out into a joyful grin, "Father said to watch out for the tall one with the chains on his swords, right?"

"Mhm," Irire nodded, "however, they're both Hashira, so we need to watch ourselves against both opponents tonight."

"Oh, please, Father showed us our siblings' memories, that pretty little thing with a syringe for a blade won't be much trouble at all for us~" The female demon replied dismissively.