chapter seven

The next morning...

"Alex?" I whispered as I felt as no one was next to me.

No response. I sat up.

"ALEX?!"

If she were here she would be answering.

I got up in a panic. Maybe she just went home. Maybe she needed a drive. Maybe she is just pranking me.

No. She would not do that.

I walk downstairs and I see my moms sitting at the counter. They look stressed.

"Hey why are you guys here? And have you seen Alex?"

"Sit down Ella." Mama whispers and I take a seat in between them. 

"Last night we received a letter from Ian Doyle. He said that when we woke up in the morning. Our daughter would be gone. We are guessing he mixed you two up since you are adopted and well, he didn't know what you looked like."

"What? No. This can't be happening."

"Her parents already know and the team is looking for her. We are under strict surveillance because we assume once he figures out that she isn't you, he will be after you."

"But who is helping find Alex?!?!?!"

"The team is."

"Well, they need to work harder."

"They already have a lead. They know she is in one of his buildings but they have found out that the buildings he is not in our bombed so they must choose wisely."

"Oh my gosh."

That is when I bursted out crying. Both my moms held me and comforted me. I should be in her place. She should be the one here.

Alex's POV

Where am I?

I open my eyes slowly. 

Oh no.

Is that Ian Doyle?

Nope. This is a nightmare.

Shoot he saw me. He knows I am awake. Why am I tied to a chair?

"Well, good morning princess."

Stay quiet. Maybe he will leave you alone.

"Not in the talking mood I see. We can just wait until your parents get here so I can kill your mother. You are half Prentiss so I may have to kill half of you too."

He smiled.

Half Prentiss. Shit. He thinks I'm Ella.

"I'm not Ella..."

Ok maybe talking was a mistake.

"Those tricks aren't going to work for me miss."

"I'm not Ella. You took the wrong kid, idiot"

Ok ouch. His hand actually hurts. Ok but he is kinda hot. Alex shut up. He literally hit you and may kill you.

"Do not call me an idiot. You are just like your mother."

"Actually more like my father."

"You have two mothers."

"Let me slow it down for you. I. Am . Not . Ella. My name is not Ella. Got that?"

His face turned bright red. His fist clutched. Shit. ~

Ella's POV

"Any news?"

"They have narrowed it down to 3."

"That's good. I think." I said laying back down on the couch.

"They will find her Ella."

"I know. I am just scared for what will happen before they find her."

"It'll all be ok." Mom says as she sits next to me.

"Look Hotch is calling." Mama said walking to her office.

"There is just so much I have to tell her before you know. She dies."

"Ella! She is not going to die! But. Tell me if you want. Might help."

"You already know. I know you do."

"Gay or depressed?"

"MOM!"

"What? You have to clarify."

"Gay."

Right when I said that Mama busts out of her office. 

"They have her. They're taking her to the hospital. She's alive. Just scared and pretty beaten up."

"Alex will pull through. my best friend is a strong person."

As we drove to the hospital I thought of all the things that I wanted to tell her that I hadn't. 

We walked into her room. Her parents weren't even coming. They left her in my moms care. As they signed papers outside., I sat next her.

"I'm fine Ella."

"I know."

"Doyle is kinda hot."

"ALEX!"

"I am sorry. I can joke about my trauma."

"Yes. Now I need to tell you something because I thought you were gonna die and I freaked out that you would die without knowing."

"Yes?"

"Um... I like girls. Like ummm like like them."

"You are an idiot if you think I didn't know. I also know you have a crush on Leah sooooo."

"Of course you knew."

"Did you bring your homework?"

"Not tonight Not in the writing mood. Let's watch a movie. Just relax for a bit."

"Sounds good. And if you don't make a move on Leah. I will tell her myself because I know she likes you back."

I turned red.

Leah.

Likes me?

No...

Maybe.

Ummm.

What is the next step to this?