Chapter 2: (Newtmas) Swing Sets at the Safe Haven

I finally scrolled through Dylmas tumblr and LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!~"Newtie," Thomas scolded with a playful grin erupting on his face, "Don't even think about it

~
"Newtie," Thomas scolded with a playful grin erupting on his face, "Don't even think about it."

"I was on the bloody swing first, love." The blonde whined in return and tugged at the sleeve of his boyfriend's shirt.

But of course, Tommy simply smirked and returned to gripping the metal chains. With his chin raised and hair flowing in the wind, the runner finally looked at-peace. The Immunes, plus Newt, had arrived at the Safe Haven weeks ago, but many still remained traumatized by WICKED's antics. The Gladers had all taken to working on projects to keep their mind off of past horrors, such as the swing set which Gally built.

"If you don't move then I'm sitting on top of you."

"Then the swing is gonna break, sweetheart."

Newt simply hummed and crawled into Thomas's lap. He nuzzled closer to the brunette's torso, arms clinging to his back. The runner felt fingers fist his shirt while he lowered his head into the blonde's neck.

"You know you're irresistible when you get all cuddly like this, Newy"

The blonde shivered as Thomas's lips grazed his soft skin, causing him to smirk.

"Tommyyyy, swing already!" Newt pouted, curling impossibly closer to his lover and melting against his frame.

"Hold on tight, baby."

The American kicked off the ground, pulling the Brit and himself up into the air. The chilled wind caressed both their necks, blowing locks of the blonde's golden hair into Thomas's face. Both boys giggled softly, holding onto each other as tightly as possible. Their gazes met, honey eyes against ones filled with dark liquor, and the couple knew that these were the heartfelt moments to never forget.

Emotions swirled around the pair (who were too caught in their stare to notice that the swing which they were sitting on was hurling towards the ocean.)

"Wait, are we flying through the air?" Newt wondered aloud, the speckled light from the rising sun illuminating his perked-up expression.

"I'm LiKe A bIrD, i WaNnA fLy-"

"Tommy we're gonna fall into the water."

"Fuck."

"Me."

"No."

"Yes."

That was the last word the Brit let out before plummeting into the crystal waves with his Tommy. They both reached out, fingers clasping around each other's, and then working their way up to the top. Thomas's head broke the surface first, and the blonde soon followed after. Droplets of water sparkled on their noses as the couple burst out laughing.

"Gotta admit Newy, your stupid ideas are the best."

The runner looked absolutely gorgeous while he chuckled, hand behind his neck. Tommy's shirt clung to his toned chest, highlighting the muscles he had built through constant physical activity. The light in the American's eyes spread like wildfire until Newt was aflame. Waves pooled around them, trying to drag the pair underwater-- before receding, and that motion was near identical to how the blonde was feeling. He was on fire and falling. So. Damn. Hard. The raw emotion was suffocating Newt, trying to pull him underwater, and the blonde relished it. He cherished finding new reasons to adore his lover in new ways; Day in, day out.

"Baby, my face is up here."

Newt's eyes shot up from his boyfriend's chest, a violent red blush creeping up his face. His mouth opened and closed, similar to a fish, until he spotted the teasing expression on his boyfriend's face. There was laughter spreading through the American's dilated pupils, but also pure affection.

"Hey! I'm allowed to look!" Newt shot back with a shy grin.

Thomas opened his arms, causing the Brit to bite his lip and swim towards his boyfriend. He realized that mischief was also up there in his lover's eyes, but it was too late. With a flick of his wrist, the runner splashed water in Newt's direction, soaking the blonde.

The blonde placed a hand on his heart, faking an offended expression, and then immediately set out to catch his boyfriend. The runner was fast on land, but Newtie's lanky build allowed him to reach the brunette faster. He wrapped an arm across Thomas's waist, holding in place, and dumping a handful of cold water aimed towards his giggling mouth.

"Newyyyy! I don't want water in my mouth, I want your lips there-- pressed against mine."

Thomas brushed wet hair off of his forehead while the blonde blushed, his hands gently guiding Newt closer. The Brit had proceeded by flinging himself into his boyfriend's embrace, wrapping his legs across Thomas's waist.

"What a coincidence, so do I."

Tommy's stomach flew to his head when his boyfriend practically climbed him, fingertips brushing his exposed neck. With butterflies dancing around in both of the Glader's stomachs, Thomas placed one arm around Newt's neck, and the other one in his hair.

The gardener's breath was ghosting Thomas's lips until the runner leaned in completely. Their lips slotted together like puzzle pieces, and Newt softly gasped. Lost in the raw emotion of the kiss, only the blonde's arms were stopping Thomas from collapsing of pure bliss. As the taste of Newt, smell of Newt, and feeling of Newt invaded his senses, the runner signed contently, absolutely weak in the knees.

This was a dream, this had to be a dream. Each time they broke apart for air, Newt's eyes fluttered open, making sure his gorgeous boyfriend was really in his arms. Thomas's breath was destabilizing, and the feeling of him was almost hypnotic. They kissed and went back for more, each connection of their lips speaking volumes of how much they loved each other.

And then, Thomas pulled away-- gasping for a huge breath, but it wasn't over. Newt connected their lips one last time, almost as if a black hole was sucking him in.

"Sweetheart," Thomas breathed as they broke apart a final time.

Newt looked out of breath, but positively giddy. They stared at each other with such passion that the brunette felt his brain melt right then and there.

"I love you, Tommy."

That was all Thomas needed to hear. All the unspoken words they had shared right from the moment their gazes had collided for the first time were said.

"I love you too, Newtie."
~
OK IM BACK SRY I WILL BE UPDATING DAILY NOW