Part 7

When we get back up, I go tell the others that we found some rooms but still need to search for food. Since there is no people here, we plan what to do next. Then the alarm starts blaring.

"What?" Darius looks around.

"Attention. All park - goers must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in two hours." We hear a males voice through the speaker.

"That's it? No explanations? That's all we get?"  Brooklyn asks confused.

"We have to run, it's the only way we're gonna make it." Darius beckons us.

Me and Sammy look at Yasmina limping to us.

"Are we sure this is the only way?" Sammy asks.

"And the docks are in the southern tip of the island. Even if we run, there's no way we'll make it." I look at them.

Everyone groans.

"Ok so we need another way. What abou kayaks, or sending a signal to the ferry people to wait?" He tries coming up with a solution.

"Or mabye befriend a unicorn?" Brooklyn rolls her eyes sarcastically.

"Wait guys, I've got it!" I grab Kenjis hand smiling.

"What did you think of cupcake?" Kenji asks.

"Monorail! And it leads to the docks too! I think the last train should be here shortly" I beam.

"No way! We gotta go, quick!" Darius is already on the move.

"Thank god for your smart little head cupcake!"Kenji pats my head smiling, pulling me forward.

We run towards the stairs leading to the train. But the second we step out in the open, I'm pulled back behind the wall by Kenji. There's Toro rumbling around, searching some trash cans.

"Aah!" I hug Kenji.

"Sssh, it'll be ok." He puts one arm around me.

"I'll make a run for it when Toro's not looking our way. Then I'll signal you all to come." Darius says, looking behind the wall.

"Darius but -" I say trying to stop him.

He's already on the other side and signals us to come too. We already start moving, but see Toro is just turning around. We quckly jump back.

"Fuck, we'll never make it like this." Kenji shakes his head, holding my hand tightly.

"Huh? I think she coming this way." I look at him worried.

I see Darius throw a stone to divert her attention from us.

"Shit she's going around the stairs. What if she sees Darius?" Brooklyn says peeking out.

I touch her back.

"It'll be ok Brooks." I try to encourage her.

Toro goes under the stairs, and looks there. We have an open opprotunity.

"Come on." Darius whispers, signaling to come over.

"Come on (y/n)." Kenji pulls my hand.

I stop, look at Yas and back to him.

"I gotta help her, Kenji. But you go." I give him sad look.

"No, I'm not leaving you behind." He protests.

"If you love me, go." I plead.

He clenches his jaw and runs.

"Come on, Yas." I put my arm around her, helping her stabilize.