Chapter 1

The melodious ring of the doorbell I pressed was out of the ordinary, it sounded like jingle bells gently rubbing against each other to create a harmonious melody that could be used to meditate.

My job as a saleswoman allowed me to discover various types of personalities, families, and interior architecture types during the brief amount of time I was allowed to step into a threshold.

The income generated from this activity wasn't the best but the opportunity it provided for my side activity was worth it and more gratifying than money.

A charming woman in her 30s opened the red wooden door and looked at me with what seemed to be annoyance at first then a welcoming smile once she noticed my apparel.

"Good morning ma'am, may I have a minute of your time to talk about our lord and savior-"

I burst into a light laughter at the confusion and exasperation on her smooth features, she was probably expecting me to propose some goods for sale, I had a 4 wheeled case behind me after all.

She smiled a bit, tucking a few strands of her golden locks behind her ear, my eyes following the motion.

"Alright, what I actually have to propose is a limited edition of various kits from a popular makeup brand at a very affordable price, I promise"

"Well, you have my full attention, I'm a makeup freak! Would you care to come inside and have a sit while you display what you have in store?"

I smiled in glee.
Being invited in was all I needed to execute my plan.
She left the door open, making space for me to step in as I followed suit.
The first noticeable thing about the interior was how the color white dominated.
The walls and furniture were mostly white as normal day to day objects lying around filled up in color variation.

We walked through a little hallway with cat picture frames on the walls before taking the first right who led to a spacious living room doubled with a dining room and kitchen in another corner.

Despite all these living areas in one, there was enough movement space and order.
We sat at the dining table while she patiently watched me bring out what I had for sale.
I displayed various cosmetic products on the table for multiple purposes and categories.

"Oh wow, you came prepared Mrs!" she laughed, staring in awe at the collection.

"You can call me Lurn," I smiled, in an invitation to make things less formal between us.

"I'm Elizabeth" she replied, stretching her arm for a handshake.
Her hand felt soft and warm in mine yet her grip was strong and firm.

We talked about the price range and use of the various products for a little while until she made up her mind on what to get.

"Would you like some tea or coffee before leaving?" she proposed while handing me some money.

"I would love tea, please! Doesn't it get lonely Elizabeth?" I piped in as she went behind, towards the kitchen to prepare the beverage.

"Oh I don't live alone, I got my cat " she laughed and I laughed along for an ulterior motive.
It made my task easier.

The glass window ahead of me reflected her figure at my back as I observed her every move.
She was graceful in her movements and the more I stared, the more I found her figure alluring.

A few minutes later, she came back with two cups of tea with a slice of lemon, milk, and sugar.

"I brought some extras just in case."

"That's really thoughtful, thank you!"

I poured some milk into my cup as she added a few lemon drops to hers with some sugar.
We drank in silence, staring out the window, it was peaceful.
Too bad this moment was about to turn into a nightmare for her.

Once done, I reached into my metallic case, fumbling around in search of an object, as my fingers curled around its familiar form.
I pulled it out and pointed the object at her, it was a gun.

"ah!" she exclaimed calmly with no care in the world.
It was unnerving but better than some pathetic whining and pleading.

"Alright Elizabeth, I'd love to play a game with you but first let's go down to your basement."

"I don't have a basement," she said.

"Don't lie to me pretty, I saw a door at the edge of the corridor with a set of staircase that goes downwards"

"You think I'm pretty? " she teased playfully.

"Yes now sit up let's go"

She did as instructed while facing my direction then gave a wild smile while staring at me as if waiting for something.
"5"
"What?"
"4...3"
"What's the countdown for, stop messing with me!"
"2...1"
Exactly at that moment, I fell on my knees then to the floor, my legs suddenly too heavy to carry me.

"Didn't your mother teach you not to accept drinks from strangers?" Elizabeth mocked as she crouched down to pat my head.

"Don't worry you'll be fine, the effects of the drug would wear off, by the way, I think you're pretty too"

That was the last thing I heard as my vision went dark.