Chapter 22- The Founder

Start from the beginning

"Uhhhhh...."

"Have a seat." He offered the seat on the other side of the table.

"Uh- Okay-" You said as you sat down.

"As you know, my name is Lucas, what's yours?" He kindly asked.

He do be like a father tho-

"Ehh....." 

Should I include my last name?

None of them have last names in this world though.

I should just play it safe I guess?

"Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N." He said as his expression turned more serious, which made you at least a little tense for some reason.

"As you know, I was the one who formed this group to destroy this place, so no child should suffer further in getting sent here." He said as you kinda got nervous.

This place is going to be where my grave is I just know it-

"I've hid in this windmill for years and thought those children everything I know, and even discovering new information that can help with our survival, whilst being someone who doesn't exist." He said, sighing after before asking next, "Do you know about William Minerva?"

William Minerva?

Oh! That guy!

"Yeah! I know about him alright, same way Nakano did.....which means.....I don't have a pen....." You said as you sheepishly rubbed your nape while looking at another direction.

He chuckled, smiling again as he said, "It's alright, but it's amazing to know that coincidentally, there's a story with us as the characters."

Yeah well glad to know that you're taking it well because I pretty sure would panic-

"But, I even thought of escaping from this place alone, however, I couldn't leave this place standing, the guilt would just crush me knowing children would still be suffering because of a place like this. And besides, there's another reason to stay in this place."

"Eh????" You tilted your head, Chuntaro too.

"I found out why Minerva summoned us here. The place where I hid together with someone that saved me, turned out to be that place." Lucas then stood up and went to an area near the walls of the windmill.

You nervously stood up and followed.

The light brown eyed man then pushed a brick in the wall, which triggered a mechanism and made the gears turn from above.

You heard it turn

A wall then began to open at a different part of the windmill, you jumped a bit in surprise as it fully opened, showing a secret passage.

"There's a hidden tunnel here. It leads from the windmill to the forest. After that, there's a door. It wouldn't budge at all. It needs a key." The male explained.

"Then.....does that mean....."

"Yes, the key might be the pen." He said to you.

"Wait wait wait." You stopped him from saying anything more. "One of them, I think his name was Oliver, said something about a human village, but there isn't a human village outside, right?"

"I slightly expected that coming considering the way you knew was how Nakano did....." He sighed as the wall began to close again. "I'll explain."

Then does that mean he gave them false hope-