Dance

Ryujin pov

The day of the dance (saturday)...

"Hey! How are you doing?" Chaeryeong asked.

"A little better. I forced myself to stop crying so I wouldn't look like a wreck in front of everyone." I told her.

"Still just as sad? The ice cream didn't work?" She asked.

"Not even the tiniest bit." I shook my head.

"Oh that's no-"

"Umm, hey Ryujin?" I turned around seeing a guy standing there nervously.

"What?" I asked.

"You're really pretty, can I have a dance with you?" He asked, I looked at him with disgust.

"Umm... excuse me, sir? She has a girlfriend." Yuna pointed out.

"I don't see her." The guy looked around.

"Turn around!" Yeji raised an eyebrow. He turned around, "Now you see her." I looked over the guys shoulder and saw-

"Lia?!" I widened my eyes. I looked her up and down, she was wearing a beautiful black dress that fit her perfectly. I pushed the guy out of the way and ran into her arms. "I missed you, wait aren't you supposed to be in Seoul?!"

"I made my parents let me come to the dance, I'm here for a couple days." She explained.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too." She hugged tighter. I pulled back just a little bit, but still held onto her. She smiled at me, I kissed her knowing we were gonna get looks but that didn't bother us right now. She leaned into the kiss a little more but it was still gentle and soft. We pulled back needing air.

"I missed that." I smiled and pulled her in for another hug.

"I missed you so much... it was only 29 hours but it felt like years." She exclaimed.

"I know I just wish you didn't have to leave again in a couple days." I pouted.

"I know I wish I didn't either but I have to." She stated sadly.

"Well then... let's enjoy it while it lasts? Can I have this dance?" I extended my hand.

"You can." She took my hand and we walked to the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around my neck resting them on my shoulders as I placed my hands on her waist.

Lia pov

As we danced I kept replaying the moments she saw I was behind that guy, I saw this spark in her eye, like it only shows up when she sees someone she loves. I've only ever seen it when she looks at Leo but this time I noticed it there when she saw me, before she looked so empty. When she stood up I saw she's wearing a black suit that looked amazing on her, her hair down like most days and her shoes were black but still didn't make her much taller than me.

"What're you thinking about?" She asked. I continued looking into her eyes while dancing.

"How you light up a room whenever you enter it." I smiled. "And how you could literally have anyone at this school but you chose me... what about you?"

"I was thinking of how you came all the way here from Seoul just to dance with me. And your smile, it's beautiful. I don't know why I wouldn't pick you, you're... everything. You're beautiful, smart, funny, cute, caring, and so much more, all I need is you, Lia. I don't need anything else when I'm with you." She said. "That's why I need you and love you."

"I love you too. I wish I could stay with you, my parents are forcing me to go to that school plus their job that I really don't care about. I try telling them I'm in college and I can make my own decisions, but all I get from them is 'We're worried about you' or 'We don't want you to get hurt' never once asking about Jungkook." I told her.