-Faded Memories-

Four years later

Minho was never the same after what happened. He survived and recovered but the unbearable pain never left. Jisung didn't come back, Minho attempted to search for him but it seemed like every trace of him was gone. The only thing left of him was the memories lingering in Minho's heart.

If you told younger Minho that his best friend would stab him in the back, he would have most likely laughed in your face. It's funny how things turn out, you really can't trust anyone.

{11 years ago]

The sun was setting, the orange and yellow rays reflected Minho's face as he walked across the Han river. His mother had asked him to go grocery shopping for her. The eleven-year-old boy walked slowly, watching the street lights turn on. Minho had taken a lot longer than he should of, he was extremely late home. As he made his way across the bridge he heard something. It sounded like someone crying. He froze in place and looked in the direction of the sound. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small figure hunched up under one of the street lights. Minho decided to go over and talk to the person, it was a stupid idea but he felt that is was a necessary one.

As he approached the crying figure they looked up. It was a boy, he was young and he had round chubby cheeks that were coated in tears. Minho thought he looked like a squirrel. "Hey, why are you crying?" He asked. The squirrel boy wiped his tears with his sleeves and looked down. "I-I can't find my way home" He stuttered. Minho felt pity for the poor boy. "I can help you?" He offered. The young boy looked up again. His eyes sparkled this time. "Will you?" He asked. Minho nodded and reached his hand out. The squirrel boy took it and stood up. "What's your name?" Minho asked. The smaller boy dusted off his trousers. "Jisung, Han Jisung" He replied. Minho smiled again. "Well, then Han Jisung let's get you home".

That's where it all began. A random act of kindness that led to an unforgettable friendship. Of course not all friendships last, it was rare. But the relationship between Lee Minho and Han Jisung was made to last a lifetime.

And now Minho was back where it all began. He was standing by the Han river. Reminiscing the memories and the unforgettable moments he used to share with Han Jisung. The moment's nobody else knew about. He treasures those moments, the memories always stayed with him no matter how many times he tried to get rid of them.

Minho's phone started ringing. he frowned at the sudden disruption but work was calling him, he glanced at the caller ID, It was Changbin. "What do you want?" Minho said. There was a small silence before Changbin answered. "We have a problem," He said. Minho was confused. "What type of problem?" He asked. He could hear a lot of shouting in the background. "Somebody set Hyunjin's house on fire," Changbin said. "What the fuck?" Minho said, turning away from the river and walking towards his car. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened. A few months ago someone had set Seungmin's house on fire, and now they were back. "I'll be there in a minute" He sighed before angrily ending the call.

Smoke clouded the air and sparks of orange lit up the sky. Minho stepped out of his car and walked towards where Changbin and Hyunjin were stood outside. Hyunjin was swearing and pacing down his driveway and Changbin was on the phone. "Yeah, I don't know how it happened..." Changbin said, talking to the person on the other end of the phone. "It clearly wasn't an accident" he looked up at Minho. "He's here now, I'll see you soon". He hung up. Changbin sighed "That was Chan, he's on his way here now" Minho nodded.

"Any idea how it happened?" He said looking at the burning house. Changbin shook his head "This wasn't an accident though" Minho scoffed and rolled his eyes "clearly" Hyunjin came up to them. "I saw them running away," he said. He was furious. "How many were there," Minho asked. Hyunjin put two fingers up.

A car pulled up. Chan and Seungmin met up with the others in the driveway. The five of them sat watching the flames tear up the house. "Well there goes the thousands of dollars I spent on the fucking wallpaper" Hyunjin said, kicking the charred gravel. "Find out who did this and make them pay for it" Minho said, speaking to Chan who nodded and turned to walk away. The fire gave one last crackle before the whole house crumbled to the ground, taking the grass surrounding the area out with it. The firefighters would be here soon, and so would the cops. Time to make themselves scarce.