Turning in the direction of the alley way, I saw someone just laying there that alarmed me. Running towards them, I noticed it was her and she was beated badly.

"Misty? Come on babe, wake up." I got down on the floor.

Sitting there, I grabbed her and tried waking her by light tapping her face but I didn't get any response. Taking my phone, I called for help.

"Jamal?" I heard my name called from up the street.

"Down here! She's here."

Seeing Sarah coming running, as soon as she saw Misty she began to cry.

"I already called for help, but I need you to go to her apartment, her aunt is there and tell her, make sure her grandma is asleep or something because this will devastated her."

"But."

"Just do it Sarah."

Agreeing, she left heading back to Misty's place.

"I got you Mist, just hang in there." I spoke to her.

Her pulse was really low so my focus was on it not going.

August

As soon as I got off the plane, I took my phone off airplane mode and all my messages came through. Seeing a couple missed calls, I called back Sarah.

"Tell me you found her?"

"We did, well Jamal did. Aug you need to get to Beth Isreal Hospital now."

Not even saying anything, I ended the call and left. Getting into a taxi, I told him where I was heading. As he drove off, I laid my head back, closed my eyes and tried to keep a positive mind like Misty had always told me.

Within these past months of our relationship, she has taught and showed me how to take control of my emotions and feelings specifically focusing on my anger and how easy it was for me to react.

"God you know what I'm about to walk into so please just give me the strength to handle it how my girl would want me to." I prayed.

******

Walking into the hospital, I looked around to see if I had seen anyone.

"Can I help you sir?" I heard behind me.

Turning around a nurse stood there.

"August Alsina." She smiled.

"Yeah and I'm looking for someone."

"What's the patients' name?" She lifted her clipboard.

"Aug!" I heard as I was about to give her name.

Turning Sarah stood there.

"Never mind."

Walking over to her, seeing her facial expression, I knew she was crying.

"What happened? Where is she?"

"She was attacked on her way home." She said in a low tone.

"What?"

"Jamal found here unconscious in an alley between two buildings. She had a low pulse and was everything."

Breaking down in front of me, I hugged her. I didn't know what to think at that point.

"Its all my fault." She cried. "I should have insisted on taking her home than letting her go."

"It's not your fault Sarah. Who else is here?"