The eyeball summons in particular is favored by spy and ranger players. They have two passives: [Undetectable] and [Life Force Resonance]. The first apply low-tier stealth ability on the summon so they stay unnoticed. The second locate the life force of every creatures near the Deathmark and transmit that data to the player, so anything but undead creatures will be visible to them

Momonga covered his eyes, likely to have received an approximate bird eye's view of the town's inhabitant

"There's no Player in our vicinity. But I'll need to check for traps" He cast several detection wards around them. A shimering of transparent barrier came to life, displaying negative. The two players looked at each other "We should be safe to go, but here are some escape items in case we're caught. These are teleporstion rings, and this is the once-per-day full revival cash item I won from the Gacha"

"Damn you and your paranoid nature" Ulbert complained, slipping on the ring Momonga gave him. With the initial scouting done, they moved to enter the city. The two of them passed by the first few houses before being stopped by a guard by the entrace

"Halt, where do you gentlemen come from?"

"We're travellers of the land. Bilgewater caught our interest and we decided to pay it a little visit" Momonga replied smoothly "Unless, of course, this place is forbidden to outsiders?"

"Oh nothing of the sort" the guard's tone relaxed upon hearing they're just traveller "You looking mighty fine for a couple a sailor so I was curious. This ain't the place most fine Piltovan folks would visit you know"

Momonga nodded, filing away the information in his head

"We are capable of defending ourself if casual banditry is the implication of what you just said. Otherwise, rest assured that we simply wish to tour the city for our own interest"

"Of course, gentlemen. Have a nice stay" He laughed and stepped aside. The man tried to pat Momonga's back as they passed by. His friend caught it and leveled a glare at him, causing the man to hastily withdraw "I hope you the best of luck"

"Slimy bastard. He tried to feel you up to see where you hid the money"

"He won't find out. I stored them in the inventory, after all" Momonga smiled, before his eyes sharpened "But this gives us an idea of what the town is. The corrupted officials, the slum people, the dirty market...Bilgewater is a criminal den"

"And what are you gonna do about it? Bust them out and give them to the almighty grasp of authority?" Ulbert asked with a hint of annoyance

Unfazed by the demon-like remark, the lich shook his head

"I'm saying it'll be easier to hide here. After all, we don't know if this world relies on a system of identification like ours. Since this place's governance body seems to be lacking, we can lay low for some time and gather more information on the rest of the world"

"We can even use those guards back then to build our foothold in this city before establishing an information network" He tapped his finger on the wall "The more we connect with the people here, the more our influence grows. That will gain us enough resource for our initial objective..."

"....Finding Nazarick" The lich finished

The place where their guild have experienced its worst and best. Where everyone's memories resided in the form of the unique NPC's — along with their most precious treasures gained from countless raid bosses. The place they had left behind when they found themself in this new world. One might even go as far as to call it their second home