I stared at her blankly.

She snorted, "stupid, I knew it."

Gwen and her brother frowned at her, speaking as one, "hey don't insult his new pet."

I was getting really sick of being called pet over and over.

Harpy woman rolled her eyes, "Its not my fault shes stupid."

I turned around and walked started to away. Nothing in my described 'job duties' included entertaining his idiot friends.

I sharp pull on my collar yanked me back and had me gasping for air, nearly tripping. I looked over my shoulder at harpy woman, eyes wide.

Gwen gasped and tugged the other woman's away from me, "oh my god! Angelica! you can't do that to her! Shes Kaden's property and a human, you could have killed her if you pulled to hard!"

Angelica the Harpy sneered, "he could just buy a new one if he wanted."

Gwen glared at her before turning to me, "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! her neck is all red Kaden is going to kill us! What if she bruises!? She just got here hes going to be so pissed if shes bruises Gabriel, Jerric do something!"

The two men looked at Gwen and then at me a look of concern-although one less than the other- in their eyes. Finally the predator man spoke, "Gabriel go get some Ice. Ill take a closer look to see if shes going to bruise."

The twin ran off as the larger man approached me, I took a step back on instinct and Gwen piped up, "Don't worry little human we are just going to make sure you're okay, okay?"

Slowly Jerric examined the burning painful flesh around my collar, "Shit Angelica how hard did you pull on her collar?"

Angelica flipped her hand around, "not that hard shes just a weak little thing."

Jerric made a growling noise, "Well her neck is fucking red and is probably going to bruise Ice or not, would you like to explain to Kaden how his pet was injured five minutes after meeting us?"

She made a noise in the back of her throat but didn't respond.

Just as Gabriel walked into the room and set the ice on my neck a talk, lanky, maid walked in, "The master wishes to see..." She trailed off eyes widening at the sight of me but she shakily continued, "the master wishes...to see the human in his study."

I pulled away from the two vampiric men, glad their grips had gone slack with shock, and gave Angelica the most hate filled look I could muster, giving her stunned face the bird before storming off, shooing the maid away, "I can get there myself!"

She tisked at me, "But the master-"

I slammed the door in her face and continued down the hall, storming into Kaden's study. He glanced up at me, eyes narrowing on my neck, "What the hell happened to you?"

I stood there for a second too shocked to answer, His hair was still shaggy and he was out of the suit in favor of an expensive looking button up and dark wash jeans. I noted the black combat boots as he stood. Cleaning my throat I looked away, "Your friends are idiots."

He was silent for a moment before I felt his cool fingers brushing against the burning skin, "I'll have someone bring some cream for your skin."

I nodded and stood there quietly as he picked up the phone and spoke quietly to someone on the other end.

He looked up at me again, "come here little flower."

I approached him slowly.

Kaden hummed in approval, "I knew you would look good in that."