Chapter 8

Recap:

Her eyes lit up, her smile and eyes were wide as she started to jump a bit. "Thank you so much!" I smile back at her. "Um I have one question though." I take note of the sad tone in her voice. "Yes?"

"Can I still be a hero without a quirk?"

________________________________________

3rd pov

After hearing the girl's question. Mirko's eyes widen a bit before looking at the little girl with sad eyes. The other people around them were silent. Unfortunately for them, due to one of them being a pro hero and the other a company owner, everything that was happening was on the news except everything was quiet.

Until a snort was heard from the hodded girl. They all turned to the hooded girl who was struggling to surpress her laughter which brought the little girl in front of her to tears. Their eyes widen as they thought the young business owner was making fun of a young girl.

But stopped when they heard the hooded girl's words. "Who would say that you needed a quirk to be a hero?" Everyone was silent. Especially Midoriya, he used to think that the only way he could be a hero is by having a quirk, which he got his wish, but hearing his classmates words through the news on tv, made his heart skip a beat.

"Just because you don't have a quirk doesn't mean you can't be a hero in your own way." The hooded girl said smiling lightly at the girl before crouching down, of course with a camera following her actions, which she was unaware of. "But...people say that quirkless people are useless..." Those hit Midoriya again.

"Well if they do say that then they're idiots. You don't need a qurik to be a hero, just be yourself and help others, you can be a hero in your own way, that's what coun-" The hooded girl's words were cut by a civilian shouting. "Stop giving the girl false hope! If she's weak then she's weak!"

The girl turned to the man who was around his late 40's. "If you say that she's weak then you're right, for now at least. You'll be eating your words in 20 years. Once she's finally becomes a hero, you'll be thanking her once she saves your ass."

The people around her were shocked to hear her words. Before anyone could talk, a small child was seen running towards the hooded girl with a doctor trying to catch up to him. "Miss (Y/n)! Miss (Y/n)!" Their heads turned to the boy who was around the same age as the girl.

"Yes Jacob?" The hooded girl asked kneeling down to his height. "I wanna give her my quirk! Can I can I?" Their eyes widened at the boy's words. "Why would you want to do that?" The hooded girl asked. "Because I wanna be her hero!" Everything was silent again.

The hooded girl smiled softly at the boy. "Jacob that's not how quirks work. You can't just give it to peop-" The hooded girl's words were cut short once again but this time by the little girl who was in tears. "I-its okay! L-like Miss (L/n) said! I-if I-i don't have a quirk then. I can j-just help others in a different way! Th-then I can b-be a hero too!"

Midoriya's world seemed to stop. Someone believed that anyone can be a hero without a quirk. Then someone wanted to give the quirkless girl their quirk. Then the girl thought of a different way to be a hero. He's never heard of anything like this before.

"Deku-kun? Are you okay?" His classmates heard the brunette talking, they all ,with the exception of Bakugo that is, turned to the said boy who had his head down. "Yeah...I'm fine....just thinking."