𝗬𝟯: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯 - The Sorting

"𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎, 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚔. 𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝."

𝕂𝕚𝕨𝕚 - ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤

"Not a chance Harold I'm ready,"

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

"My name is Professor McGonagall. Head of Gryffindor House and Transfiguration Teacher," the teacher said kindly but sternly. 

"Nice to meet you," Y/N smiled. 

"Follow me," the kind woman called walking towards the castle along with the crowd. 

Y/N couldn't fully make out the exterior of her new school given the cloudy dark night, but she was excited to see the inside nonetheless.

"Firs' years this way!" she heard a deep voice call. She noticed a quite large man directing kids younger than her wearing plain black robes in a separate direction from the other students. She noticed his kind eyes and the way he engaged in a quick conversation with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

 As she approached the giant oak front doors she was astounded by the scene. 

The entrance hall was lit with flaming torches and there were extravagant marble staircases leading up to the higher floors. Students with blue, green, yellow, and red ties with matching colored inner robes were piling into the great hall chatting with their friends and housemates.

"Potter! Granger! I want to see you both," Professor McGonagall's firm voice called pulling Y/N out of her thoughts as she admired the interior. She stuck close to the teacher as she waited for the students to walk over.

Despite the Professor's call for only two of the Gryffindors, the trio cautiously walked up to their teacher.

"There's no need to look so worried—I just want a word," she voiced. "Move along there, Weasley."

Ron looked down at his shoes as he joined the rest of the students getting ready for the sorting ceremony. 

"Professor Lupin sent an owl saying that you two were taken ill on the train," the Professor explained looking at Y/N and Harry. 

Just then a woman wearing a white hat and red and white robes walked up to them. She appeared to be a nurse given her clothing.

"Oh it's you, is it?" she stated noticing Harry. "I suppose you've been doing something dangerous again?"

"A dementor Poppy," she clarified. Then she acknowledged Y/N and said, "they both passed out."

Just then the nurse grabbed Harry's head, pulled up his hair, and pressed the back of her hand to his forehead. 

"Setting Dementors around a school," she muttered. She then grabbed Y/N's head tilting it back and engaged in the same gestures on her forehead. 

"These two won't be the last to collapse," she continued. "Yes. There both clammy the effects can harm those who are quite delicate-" 

"I'm not delicate," Y/N and Harry stated crossly at the same time.

"Of course you're are not," Professor McGonagall smiled.