Chapter 9

Words: 1538
Edited: December 25th, 2022

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

Y/n's POV
Reki fastened the wheel onto his board as I doubt if this was a so good idea. Should he really do this?

"Reki..." He jumped a little when I said his name "Are you ready?" He turned to me and smiled... 'Fake' I thought as he said everything was good. I hesitated but hugged him, he stared down at me in shock and confusion "W-What? Y-Y/n?"

"From someone who has skated against him... He's not skating fair. It's like a game to him. So... Promise you'll be careful," I whispered and he smiled and held onto my shoulders. He pushed me away a bit so he could see my face and he smiled "I promise"

☾ ☼ ☽

"So many people" Langa looked around "Of course. It's because they can watch ADAM. The legendary man. The undefeated champion. The god of "S." I said sarcastically as I walked beside MIYA.

"You sure made a frightening guy your enemy, Reki." Langa

"Do you get it? If I lose, you're gonna be up next!" Reki said while pointing at Langa. "Oh, right"

"Let's call it off" MIYA and I said and they looked down at us "Huh?"

"There's no need for him to apologize to me. "Empty" isn't necessarily a lie anyway!" They stared down at him to see his hands shaking.

"MIYA..." I whispered and held his hand in mine. He felt I was shaking as well and he looked up at me. I forced a smile towards him before looking at Reki and he looked up at the sky, "For me... I don't know why or how all too well... but right now, I think I wanna blow that ADAM guy outta the water and change that smirking face into a crying one!"

Langa sighed. "There's no way you can do such a thing!" MIYA yelled and I placed a hand on top of his head.

"It's not about whether or not he can do it. He's doing it because he wants to. Isn't that right?" Langa said and Reki smiled at him.

"See, you got it!" Reki chuckled. I sighed and looked down. MIYA looked up at me and I smiled sadly at him.

"He's here!"
"It's ADAM!"
The crowd said and began to cheer for him.

"ADAM..." MIYA whispered "So, he's here," Reki said as ADAM made his entrance. I rolled my eyes, "Show off,"

JOE and Cherry stood now around ADAM
"It's been a while, ADAM" Cherry said
"We're here to challenge you to a beef," JOE said.

"Woah! King of the Hill!"
"Rad!"
"Who's gonna win?"

"You know what we'll be betting, right?" Cherry asked the man between them. ADAM huffed and turned to him, "What was it? That's right. Would both of you skate together with us, as well? That way—"

"Gimme a break!" Reki yelled and they turned to him " Today is beef between you and me! Don't you run from it!"

"Run? Me?" Adam asked as he held his board to Reki's face with the side with horns on it towards him, "You haven't forgotten the bet, have you?" ADAM took back his board and changed sides.

"Of course not. If I win... I skate with you." He said and held his board towards Langa. The heart side of the board is towards him.

☾ ☼ ☽

3rd POV
The lights go green and Reki began to skate away with his speed. He looked back at ADAM that stood still at the start.