"Five-Letter Word"

Start from the beginning

            "Damn, yo nose open as fuck, son," Kelvin joked, causing Roderick to laugh.

            "Demetrius must got that good good," said Roderick.

            "Nah, it ain't even get to that," said Zayvon. "This is...different, yo. The vibe is different."

            Roderick shook his head and asked Tayvon, "You ever seen your brother like this?"

            "Hell no," replied Tayvon. "Shit is already gettin' mad annoyin', man." He shook his head while walking away with his brother.

            "Yo," Kelvin said to Roderick now that the twins were gone. "Wassup with you?"

            Roderick looked at him and asked, "What you mean?"

            "Tay and Zay told me you wasn't at Jacory's birthday party and I was at the Strip on Saturday night so I know you wasn't there. What you did over the weekend?"

            "I spent it with Reece."

            "Oh, okay. No need to say more." He laughed as he spotted Reece approaching them and said, "Speak of the lil' devil."

            "Hey, baby," Reece said to Roderick as he approached them. "Mmm, you look sexy today."

            Roderick smiled and put an arm around him while saying, "You look sexy, too. I had fun this weekend."

            "I did, too. Just let me know when your brother is gonna be gone again."

            "Will do." He let go and watched Reece's butt as he walked away, saying, "Damn, that ass is somethin' serious."

            "I'll take your word for it," said Kelvin with a laugh. "But on the real, I know you wasn't with Reece the whole time, bruh."

            "What? What you talkin' about?"

            "Bro, the twins ain't here right now. It's just me and you. I seen you Saturday night in a Honda Accord. I know that was you because you drive the same way, laid back in your seat with your left hand on the steering wheel. If you got wheels, that means you slangin' again."

            Roderick looked at him and lied, "Nah, bro, Dev let me drive one of the cars from his shop."

            "Rod, come on, man. I know you slangin' again. That's why you been movin' different lately. I noticed that shit. Why you ain't tell me?"

            He looked around before explaining, "It ain't what you think. I just needed—"

            "It ain't a problem, man. You know I never tripped over that shit. I just wanna know if you're sellin' pills this time? You know I like to party every now and then."

            "I am but it ain't Xans, bruh."

            "Oxy?"

            "Yeah."

            "Shit, I got some cash on me—"

            "I'm not gonna sell that shit to you, Kel. And I damn sure ain't sellin' it to you here."

            "After school, then?"

            "You think I have product on me at school?" He sighed and then said, "I'll stop by your house late tonight."

            "Is it gonna be full price or can I get a discount since I know you?"

            "Fifty per pill is as low as I'll go, bruh."