Its's been a long time since Xiao and Rex Lapis talked. Even if Xiao patrols all of Liyue, he never crossed paths with the Geo Archon. Years ago, Xiao visited the adepti's abode only for Cloud Retainer to spill some big news. Rex Lapis vanished without a trace, no one knew where he went, including Xiao.

Even if Rex Lapis was gone, Xiao continued his duty. He killed every demon on his way just like what was written on Rex Lapis' contract. There came a time where Xiao wondered when it'll all end.

Since Morax has gone missing, will Xiao's tormenting contract end when he dies? He dosent know. Since Xiao is immortal, he will never die.

Xiao grips his clenching heart, doubling over on the rock. He pants as the invisible karmic binds reveal themselves once again. It's back, the price Xiao pays for eons of slaughter. He crashes on the ground, the binds tightening around his body. The bind proceeds to tear his body apart, stretching it at all directions. Tears of anguish flows out. The Yaksha tries to muffle his screams, afraid to spoil Liyue's bright atmosphere. He failed.

Lanterns began to float from the harbor. Xiao lied, he wished to watch the lanterns and maybe... just maybe forget his contract and pain for a short while. However, here he is kneeling and shaking in agony as thousands of lanterns flooded the sky.

Xiao growls, tugging at the the invisible binds but its no use. He rests his sweaty forehead on the rock, opting to smash his head and hopefully die from head injury. Just anything to make it stop so he can watch the lanterns.

Xiao has no idea how many hours he was resting on the rock, face planted flat on it's rough surface while experiencing hell. But one thing is for sure, the pain never lessened. Suddenly, a sound of a flute washes the evil binds off his wrists and legs.

Xiao groans thankfully at the refreshing feeling. The flute continues to play, the Yaksha wanted to look up and see who plays the familiar tune. To thank his savior for saving him again.

But Xiao's too tired to even move a muscle, he lays limp on the rock. The Conqueror of demons stills when a hand starts to rake through his hair.

Alarm gushes into his blood, pumping energy into every artery and veins. As a hostile loner who spent years alone, Xiao absolutely detests physical contact.

"It's me, Barbatos. No need to worry" The soft voice said. Xiao's eyes slightly widens when he recognized the name. Barbatos?... Barbatos, as in the Anemo Archon?

"My dear Alatus, I believe you are tired. Why don't you rest while I sing you some songs?" Venti coos. Xiao has a lot of questions but his eyes started to feel like cement when the Archon hums. A minute hasnt even passed yet Xiao falls into slumber as the bard continues to stroke his hair.

---
"Finally awake, are we?" A giggle greets Xiao first thing when he gains his senses back. He slowly opens his eyes, loving the feeling of soft cushion underneath this head.

Wait? A Cushion?! "Why is the ground so soft?" Xiao questions out loud. Realizing he voiced his thoughts, he clasps his mouth shut.

Venti laughs again. "This so called ground is my lap. Thats why it's soft" Upon hearing the fact, feeling the fact that he indeed is resting on the Anemo Archon, the drowsiness flees from Xiao's body.

He immediately sits up only to hit Venti on the forehead. "Aw!" The bard yelps, rubbing the swelling sore spot. He looks up at the Yaksa with a pout.

"Is your forehead made of rock? That hurt!"

Xiao couldnt take his eyes off the Archon in-front of him. Moonlight the color of pearl kissed Venti's face. The Yaksa was caught off guard at the sight in-front of him. Barbatos is so beautiful...