Town for Sale:2

I walked down the sidewalk with my hands in my pockets. The flowers were blooming and the air was crisp.

"Evan!"Arianna and Alex ran up next to me. I sent them a lopsided grin.

"Hey, guys!" I said happily. Alex and Arianna shared a look.

"Congratulations." They said in unison.

"About what? You were there when I proposed." Alex stopped walking and grabbed my hand. She placed it on her stomach.

"Evan, we want you to be the godfather to our mini-us," Aria said softly. I gaped at her.

"Me?" I queried, "Are you sure?" They nodded.

"Evan, you're my best friend and have always felt like a brother. I'm sure." A tear slipped down my cheek. I knelt to her stomach.

"You and I are going to be the best little sh*ts for your mommas, you hear?" I asked. Alex flicked my forehead.

"Is it a yes or no, dumba**?" I nodded vigorously.

********
I was sitting in my formal robes next to Alex and dad. Alex leaned closer to me.

"THIS is the guy that's buying the town?" She whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"Unfortunately." I replied, " How's Mione doing?" Alex giggled.

"Her and I had lunch the other day. She couldn't stop talking about how much she missed you and how great you are." I blushed a deep red.

"Ha, ha, Lex," I said, sarcastically. Alex shook her head.

"I'm not joking. You two are like the perfect couple." She said. I nodded and turned back to the conversation.

"Yeah, my granddad opened our family's first shelf factory in a small town like this one. I tell you, this place is bursting with opportunity," Andy said as he stuffed his face.

"Bursting seems to be the operative word." Dad agreed. Alex handed me a glass of fire whiskey.

"You're gonna need this," She mouthed. I raised my glass in thanks and took a sip. Andy made a grunt of pleasure and scarfed down more food. I frowned and took my glass outside. I leaned against the wooden posts and ran my fingers through my hair. David walked past me. I sipped my drink.

"You seem distant," Alex stood next to me. I put the glass down.

"I've been asked to be Minister of Magic and I accepted," I said. Alex hit me on the shoulder.

"No f**king sh**!" She squealed. I grinned.

"Minister Gaunt. Has a nice ring to it."