Chapter Twenty

Začať od začiatku

“Nathan, it's so good to see you!” She squealed.

I didn't share her excitement. I didn't like her and I made sure she knew it. I nodded curtly at her, drawing Alyssa closer to me. We had one last place I wanted us to visit before the day was over and she wasn't going to stop me.

“Nathan, why are you acting like I'm a stranger to you?” She whined, trying to grab on to the arm that wasn't holding Alyssa but I pulled away quickly.

“Nathan, who's this?” It was Alyssa who asked that question.

I didn't want to answer it because I knew it wouldn't be good. I was trying to find a suitable reply when Heather answered snarkily. “I'd like to ask the same question.”

Two pairs of eyes stared at me, waiting for me to say something. Deciding I didn't care how Heather felt, I said. “Heather, this is Alyssa, my wife. Alyssa, Heather is an old friend of mine.”

Heather's eyes looked like they were about to fall out of their sockets. “W-wife? But just three months ago we were...”

I cut her off, knowing exactly what she was about to say. “That's enough. If you'd excuse us Heather, we have to leave now.”

I didn't even let her reply. I simply rushed Alyssa to the passenger seat. She stopped me as I was about to slide into the driver's side. “What is this, Nathan? How can you be married? We were together three months ago, you can't have found a wife so soon.”

“Well, I did.”

“I know you don't love her, you can never fall in love with a nobody like her. She's obviously a golddigger, only after your money. She's ugly and fat and is probably cheating on you right now. Besides, you said you didn't do love.”

“Well, I changed my mind.” With that, I got into my seat and drove off. I even forgot about the lunch Alyssa and I wanted to have, I was just so angry.

How dare she say those things about Alyssa? If anything, Heather was the golddigger, always wanting to go on shopping sprees when we'd see. She didn't know the meaning of the word 'faithful'. The main reason I stopped sleeping with her was because I found out she already had a boyfriend. I wasn't going to be the 'other man' in her relationship, it was too degrading. Alyssa was a natural beauty while I couldn't count the number of plastic surgeries she's had.

I let out a breath, calming down so I wouldn't do anything that would cause any accidents. I turned my head to get a glimpse of Alyssa who was looking out her window, a saddened look on her face. I drove with one hand, letting the other, slide to hers, giving it a comforting squeeze.

Her expression hardened and she pulled her hand away, settling it in her lap. I didn't understand why she did that.

I had to ask. “Is everything alright?”

“Yes.” She clipped. “I'm just tired let's go back to your grandparent's house.”

“We have one last place to go, you'll love it, promise.”

“Will another girl from your past attack me as well?” She snapped.

My eyebrows creased. “What?”

She rolled her eyes, annoyed. “Don't pretend like you don't know. Abigail likes you and she only poured that drink on me to make me leave so she could probably confess her feelings.” That was exactly what happened. “Even Heather, your 'old friend'. I heard what she was saying about me and you didn't even defend me. Is that what you really think of me? That I'm ugly, fat, a golddigger?”

I didn't say anything, I would tell her exactly what I thought when we got to where we were going. She must've taken my silence as an answer. Her eyes filled with hurt as she turned away.