₁ Kind Gesture

! ! Manga spoilers ahead ! !

One month later

— August 2006 —

You wake up from your sleep and immediately noticed that Kazuki is not beside you. You turn your head over to the digital clock on the night stand— 10:34 AM

You hop out of the comfortable bed and went over to the bathroom to take care of your morning routine.

Waking up alone felt lonely for some reason, Kazuki usually wakes you up in the morning but this morning he didn't. You assumed that he forgot and is probably outside in the living room watching his favorite show with Ryousuke.

After your time in the bathroom, you went over to fix the bed. Just as you're finishing up, your phone goes off from the nightstand. The name Sonoda Shigeru appears in the screen as it kept going off.

(He's one of the representatives of the Star Globe Cult who wants Riko dead.)

You pick up the call, "Hello? You need something?"

"I'm calling to see if you're on your way to get rid the vessel, are you?" The old man on the other side of the phone answered.

"Oh right! That thing is today? I totally forgot!"

"Well, you better get going because you're late. You don't want to miss the fun." He laughed roughly.

"Got it, I'll be heading over soon." You hung up.

— —

After dressing up, you went to the living room and it was quiet, no signs of either your son or your brother.

"They're probably in the game room."

"Ryou!! I'm going out for a bit so look after Kazu while I'm out!" You yelled out but there was no answer.

You frown to yourself as you take your phone from your pocket and called his phone. After three rings, he picks up, "What?"

"Where are you? Are you with Kazu?" You asked.

"Yeah, we're at the park, why?"

"Nothing, I'm going somewhere so I was going to ask you to babysit him for a bit." You said as you make your way over to the kitchen to make a bowl of cereal.

"Yeah, sure but where are you going?"

"Don't worry about it, I just have something to do."

"You're so suspicious. If you're seeing some guy then just say it, no need to be sh-"

"Ryousuke, shut the fuck up." You said, pouring your favorite cereal in a bowl.

"Just saying ~" He replied in a singsong voice.

"I'm hanging up, you better not lose my son." You said before dropping the call.

|11:08 AM|