I Love You. (Chp.17)

Izuku's POV:

I sat across from Y/n in a chair in her hospital room. I've been with her for about a day, since I found her tied up by those villains. I hated seeing her like that... in so much pain... I know I should get some sleep, but I can't. I need to be awake when she wakes up. I started to doze off when I heard shuffling from the bed and a quiet groan. I looked up and saw y/n trying to sit up. I quickly got up and ran over to her. "Hey hey, don't try to move too much. I'll go get the doctor. I'll be right back." I told her before leaving to get a doctor. It only took a minute and I walked back in with the doctor and sat down next to y/n. "You're really lucky you're friend here found you when he did.. if he found you any later you probably wouldn't have made it." The doctor said. I looked over to y/n and she looked sad. "Anyways, we stitched up the major cuts, and we're monitoring your burns. For now, you should stay here for at least 2 more days to rest, and we'll continue monitoring you to make sure that you're healing correctly." The doctor continued and smiled. "Thank you doctor" I said. The doctor then walked out of the room and I turned to y/n.

She had tears in her eyes. "Hey, it's okay. You're safe now... nobody can hurt you." I assured her and she pulled me into a hug and started to silently cry. I was surprised at first but quickly hugged her back. We laid there for a while, her head nuzzled into my chest, and me holding onto her. I knew she was okay, but I needed her to be in my arms so I knew, that she was there. Safe. With me. She yawned, I could tell she was tired. "Just rest. You need it." I told her quietly. She just nodded and held onto me tighter. "Don't l-leave me." she said quietly before falling asleep in my arms. "I won't. I promise." I gave her a kiss on the head and soon fell asleep as well.

Back to your POV:

You started to wake up and open your eyes. You were fully surrounded by warmth, and you never wanted it to go away. You looked up and saw Izuku. "Deku..." you said quietly. He started to wake up and looked at you with a warm smile. "Hey y/n. Are you feeling better? Any pain?" he asked sweetly. You shook your head. "That's good." he replied. You laid your head back down on his chest. "I missed you..." you said quietly. Tears began to fill the brims of your eyes. "I know, I missed you too." he said. "We were looking for you ever since you left. I was so worried.." he continued. "I was so s-scared.. D-Deku..." you replied. You gripped onto his shirt tighter and started to cry more just at the thought of what had happened. "Hey.. look at me." Izuku said as he lifted your head up to look at him in the eyes. "You're okay now. I'm with you. They won't hurt you ever again, I'll make sure of it." He assured you with that famous warm smile of his. He kissed you on the forehead and you laid back down. You felt so safe with him. You never wanted to leave.

You both relaxed for a little bit and you heard a knock on the door. The same doctor that came in earlier came in. "How are you feeling Ms. L/n?" he asked. "Good... my head hurts a little though." you replied quietly. "I can bring in some medicine for you. It'll make you pretty drowsy though." The doctor said with a smile. You just nodded and he walked out of the room. A few minutes later he came back in with some medicine and gave it to you. "This should help." he said. "Thank you." you replied. He walked out of the room once again and you took the medicine. Not even ten minutes later you began to feel really tired. "Izuku?" you asked as you cuddled in the hospital bed with Izuku. "Hmm?" he replied. "Why did you stay with me? I mean.. you haven't even left yet. You can go home and get some rest, you know." you said. "I want to be here. I need to make sure that someone's with you as long as you're here, to make sure you're safe. And I like being that person." he replied in a calm tone. You smiled. "Thank you..." you softly said as you held onto him tighter. You began to doze off. "I... love you..." you said barely above a whisper as you finally drifted off to sleep again.

Izuku's POV:

"I... love you..." she said quietly as she fell asleep again. The medicine must've really gotten to her... I said. Despite the fact it was probably just the medicine talking... I had to. "I love you too, y/n. I always have." I pulled her closer to me and laid with her. I just admired her as she slept peacefully in my arms as I ran my fingers through her hair. "You're beautiful... you know that? You know, I never had the guts to tell you... but I really do love you. You've always been there for me and I love hanging out with you. I care about you so, so much. I hate seeing you hurt. And this... this hurt me. A lot. I couldn't stand seeing you there, helpless, with all those marks left by those damn villains... it made me so angry. You didn't deserve this.. I wish I'd gotten to you sooner. I'm sorry..." and with that, I fell asleep.

Your POV:

You were lightly sleeping and began hearing Izuku's calming voice. "But I really do love you...-I care about you so, so much. I hate seeing you hurt. And this... this hurt me. A lot. I couldn't stand seeing you there, helpless, with all those marks left by those damn villains... it made me so angry. You didn't deserve this.. I wish I'd gotten to you sooner. I'm sorry..." he said softly, his voice breaking in between words. After that he fell asleep. I really do love you too, Izuku. You said to yourself, as you fell asleep again.

Word Count: 1092