black is king || eight

Start from the beginning

"Listen, man..." Horus continued. "You're clearly not dead like everyone thinks. When you were a kid, all you would talk about is being king and following in your father's footsteps. Come back home, and you'll get to finally live out that dream."

"That dream died a long time ago." Divine shot back.

Horus heavily sighed and held on to the bridge of his nose. He was about to snap and he didn't even care about sugarcoating anything anymore to stay on Divine's good side. "Look, there's alot of people who are suffering back at the kingdom, including your mother! I swear on everything, if you don't bring your stupid ass back home with us, ima kill you forreal." He stepped in Divine's face.

"Aye, listen. You not scaring anyone, Horus." Divine waved him off and plopped down on his bed. "Nigga got a new accent in one night and thinks he's somebody." Divine mumbled.

"Divine, please." Oshun begged as she squatted down in front of Divine and looked up at him with watery eyes. "Please. I love you and I need you. Just like everyone else does."

Divine's heart suddenly dropped to the pit of his stomach. He could see the hurt in Oshun's eyes. He didn't know exactly how bad it was back on that side of Egypt, but her eyes were saying it all.

But that still wasn't enough for him to budge.

"I love you too, Oshun. And I'm sorry. I'm really sorry you guys had to go through all of that. But I just can't." He replied softly, knowing that he just shattered her heart into a million pieces.

Oshun scoffed and shook her head. "Wow." She stood up and began to gather her things.

"Yo, y'all don't understand." Divine raised up on his feet. "I am nothing like my father."

Oshun grabbed the last of her things and gave Divine a shameful look. "You're right, you're not." She said and glanced over at Horus. "Let's go. There's nothing here for us."

The two walked out of the fort, leaving Divine there in his thoughts. They soon noticed Cairo and Jabari, who had been out all morning hunting for food, strolling into the rainforest.

"Y'all leaving so soon? We got some grub if y'all hungry." Jabari inquired.

"Oh, that's alright. Thank you but we have to get going. It was really nice meeting you both." Oshun politely stated before getting on her horse. "I hope to see y'all again soon." She smiled as the guys laughed at her copying their vocabulary.

Horus gave both of the brothers a fist bump and the two were on their way back to the kingdom.

•••

ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇ

The day had gone by faster than usual. Divine sat outside by himself gazing up at the dark sky. He had been sitting here for a while, thinking about his conversation that occurred earlier with Oshun and Horus.

"Why'd you have to go, man?" He questioned as he continued looking up at the sky. "You was supposed to be here taking care of moms, and making sure everything was good in Egypt. You was supposed to teach me how to be a leader. How the hell you just gon' leave us like that and have uncle Rakeem take yo' spot."