"That sounded more like a demand than a question." The two chuckled as Shiro said that, and she turned her face away with embarrassment.

A throat was cleared. "On a more serious note, you're not very experienced, are you (Y/N)? Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, of course. I'm simply curious."

The therapist considered the question, followed by a sigh and a nod. "I guess it's only fair for me to tell you. I didn't want you all to think that I was incapable of being a therapist just because I was inexperienced. Even I don't know why they chose someone as inexperienced as me to take this particular case, but despite all that I want to do my very best to help you all!"

They were both satisfied with that answer. No complaints, sneers, or looks of disappointment from either of them. That was a good thing.

Akio leaned his head on his hand and smiled at her. "And we'll try our best to help you. I appreciate the honesty."

"We'll put in a good word for you by the end of this. Maybe you'll end up as a renowned therapist, known all across the globe for her good looks and great skills." She giggled at Shiro's comment, took one glance at the ominous grandfather clock and gasped.

"I overstayed my visit! I didn't realize the time! I'm so sorry!"

"Here we go..." With an eye roll, Shiro bolted from his spot on the couch and grabbed (Y/N) by the wrist just before she could leave the room.

The other male leaned against the door and crossed his arms. "Okay, we're going to make some things clear here. (Y/N), you're our friend now. You're not imposing on anyone here, you're always welcome here. It's okay to be a bit unprofessional at times, loosen up." That simple act of hospitality was enough to make the therapist melt, but she was still skeptical.

"But what about-"

"Don't worry about Riku and Itsuki. They'll come around soon enough. Besides," Akio walked over to the other side of the room and pulled back the drapes, "it's pouring outside. I think it would be dangerous if you were to go back now." She didn't even hear the patter of rain splashing against the roof and windows. The sky was dimming down and clouds shrouded almost every ray left of the setting sun.

"I'll get you some hot chocolate. Shiro, please get the fireplace started." They both watched as Akio left the room, Shiro flicked on a light switched that activated the fireplace embedded in the centre of the wall.

"From where I'm standing it's like I'm looking at an oversized marshmallow." She pouted and turned to face the warmth of the fire. "And a cute marshmallow at that."

Pink dusted her cheeks and she had to look away from his flirty gaze that penetrated the corner of her vision. Something that glittered brown in the dim light also caught her eye; a decorative vase stood on a shelf. "What's the deal with that vase?"

"Hm? Oh, after one of Riku's many many tantrums he shattered the vase out of rage. Itsuki just happened to be there when it happened and, I guess it was out of boredom, he glued the pieces back together." Glue hardened and bulged out of the cracks, some shards were missing and other parts weren't even filled properly. It looked fragile and severely out of place. "He didn't do a great job on it, but he looked pretty proud of himself so we kept it."

With a smile, she brought her knees to her chest and rested her chin on top. "That was sweet of you guys to do so."

The male finally sat down beside her and crossed his legs. "You know, we're not all that bad as you probably think- sure we don't get along with each other as much as we'd like to, but all four of us living together in a house like this for over 15 years, we learned a few things."

The red and blue flames reflected off his glasses. "We're like brothers to each other, even though we're not blood-related at all. This house, our wealth, all materialistic things we have... sure, it's great but people often overestimate you, or you overestimate them and you end up breaking each other. Sometimes to pieces." The last line was said quietly, and he curled himself up in the same position she was in.

One, singular sigh left his lips and his head fell limp onto her shoulder. "You're a really good listener (Y/N). Thank you for being here, it means a lot more than you think."

Tugging at the blanket she draped it over the both of them, watching as the fire licked and twisted around the logs. "I plan on always being here for you guys. Always."

It was as if every second she spent here with all four of them, she was growing closer and closer, and soon all four of them would easily open themselves up to her.

With a terrifyingly wide smirk, Akio finally understood this from listening to the conversation and slowly walked away.